Extension repeatedly disappears in Safari

mblodgett1
mblodgett1
Community Member

Hello- The 1Password extension repeatedly disappears in Safari. I continually download and reinstall 1Password, open the preference panel to activate the 1Password extension in order to use the application. When I quit and restart Safari, I have to repeat the process.

Any thoughts???

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.2.BETA-1 (70202001) AgileB
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.1 Beta 18B50c
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @mblodgett1,

You're not attempting to install a separate Safari extension as part of these steps are you?

• mblodgett1
    mblodgett1
    Community Member

I do not think so. I am given an option to "install browser extensions..." under the 1Password7 heading, but it doesn't work. If I understand correctly, this is for previous versions of the software. The newest version has the extension within the 1Password7 installer (it is not seperate from the main installer).

• @mblodgett1,

Ok good, just making sure. and you're storing 1Password in the root level /Applications folder?

• mblodgett1
    mblodgett1
    Community Member

I store it in the Applications Folder. I do not know what "root level" means.

• @mblodgett1,

Some people will create an Applications folder inside of their home directory, or place it in an Applications folder on another hard drive.

I wonder if this is a new bug with the beta of 10.14 that you're running. Do you happen to have any machines/drives with the release version of 10.14 installed on them?

• @mblodgett1,

I'm not seeing this behavior in my VM of 18B50C so that makes me think that the code signature on the copy you have installed is being detected as invalid by either Safari or secd. Have you restarted this machine yet?

• mblodgett1
    mblodgett1
    Community Member

It may be result of the app CleanMyMacX. I am doing work... Do you have any history with CleanMyMacX?

• @mblodgett1,

Not specifically, does it seem to be doing anything that could impact the signature of 1Password 7.app?

This discussion has been closed.