Updater is not behaving correctly

TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member

I have 1Password open and get a notification that there's an update, b2 just now. I run the downloader and click install and relaunch. The installer seems to be unpacking the file, and then it suddenly disappears. 1Password doesn't relaunch. I first noticed this a few builds ago, but I wasn't really paying attention. The install functions correctly, but the behavior is not, and not relaunching is obviously not correct.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.2.2b2
Extension Version: 7.2.2b1
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BobH
    BobH
    Community Member

I get similar:

• @TomWolsky,

Do you normally have the mini icon in the menubar? 1Password is supposed to remember the open/closed state of the main window and reflect that in what happens when it relaunches after the update.

@bobH,

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to prevent the Updater from sticking around in the dock's recent applications section (new in Mojave). The updater isn't meant to be launched outside of 1Password itself so what you're seeing is a result of none of the appropriate information being passed along to the updater process via 1Password 7 -> 1Password Update Service.xpc -> 1Password Updater.app that would otherwise tell it the information it needs in order to do the update check correctly. I'm looking at ways of trying to keep

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Thanks Rudy.

I do have the mini icon in the menubar. That opens the extension panel rather than the whole application. Is that right?

• @TomWolsky,

I was just curious if it was actually launching it post-update and you just were in a state that no UI was visible on screen. Was the main window open when you initiated the update then?

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member

Yes it was, pretty much filling the screen, though not in actual full screen mode.

• BobH
    BobH
    Community Member

Thanks @rudy - I’ll keep an eye open for that 😀

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• ausernie
    ausernie
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

It's hppening for me if I manually check for updates. I receive the message that "You are up to date" but when I click on the OK button there is a separate Updater dialogue advising "Update Failed. Failed to find the version of installed 1Password application". Mini is running and Main application is open. There is a quit button on the dialogue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ausernie: What OS and 1Password versions are you using?

• ausernie
    ausernie
    Community Member

1Password 7
    Version 7.2.3.BETA-0 (70203000)
    AgileBits Beta

macOS Mojave
    10.14.1 (18B75)

However, I just ran an update check and the issue seems to have disappeared so all sorted and topic can be closed for me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, good to know. Thanks for the update! Hopefully you're all set, but if you encounter anything else let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.