iMac 1password is corrupt

KeithB
KeithB
Community Member
edited October 2018 in Mac

When I try to enter 1Password on my iMac it comes up but the vaults are corrupt. If I login on your website it works fine. I have a family account using ver 7.2.2 . My iPhone and iPad work fine. how can I correct this. I am using Mohave ver 10.14. I believe it is set up with iCloud to sync used to dropbox.

1Password Version: &
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• KeithB
    KeithB
    Community Member

When I try to enter 1Password on my iMac it comes up but the vaults are corrupt. If I login on your website it works fine. I have a family account using ver 7.2.2 . My iPhone and iPad work fine. how can I correct this. I am using Mohave ver 10.14. I believe it is set up with iCloud to sync used to dropbox.

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member

@KeithB - I don't understand "iCloud to sync used to dropbox". What shows in 1 Password 7 > Preferences > Vaults. If it shows your group name with Vaults "Private" and "Shared", you are not using either iCloud or Dropbox. You can compare the iDevice > 1Password > Settings, 1Password Accounts and also Vaults. These should be similar to the Mac settings..

During one beta of Mojave, I did something that damaged 1Password. Recovery was to logout from and uninstall 1Password. I then downloaded and installed a new instance of 1 Password 7 and showed it my 1Password Emergency Kit QR code. Upon entry of my (long sentence) Master Password, 1Password worked again and ever since.

All this assumes using AgileBitsCloud for sync. Use of iCloud or Dropbox is somewhat more complicated. There are lots of questions left unanswered so none of us can give any better answers until we get specifics as to how the iDevices and Mac are actually configured. For example, trying to mix AgileBitsCloud sync with iCloud or Dropbox just does not work. And, if this is a new install of 1Password 7 on the Mac, old format vaults must be updated - and that can be a confusing process.

So, tell us more detail and we can respond accordingly.

• KeithB
    KeithB
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

Okay I would like to uninstall but not sure how to do that been looking on the site and then reinstall seems like the solution.

• KeithB
    KeithB
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

Okay how can I uninstall the 1Password on my iMac and reinstall so when I go into 1Pass on my iMac it is the same info as if I were going into 1Pass on the internet? I do have a license for family. Using version: Mojave 10.14, was using latest 1Pass for Mac OS, I think that’s enough info to answer my questions. Thanks 🙏
    PS: 1Pass works fine on my iPhone and iPad.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@KeithB - you'll want to be sure 1Password is not just "working fine" from a given device, but that all devices are set up to use the same vaults, synced the same way. Right now, from what you've posted, I'm far from certain that's the case. When you open Preferences > Vaults on your iMac, what do you see? How many vaults, and what are their names? Now please do the same thing in 1Password for iOS -- Settings > Vaults: what do you see? Can you tell me a bit more about what you mean by "When I try to enter 1Password on my iMac it comes up but the vaults are corrupt"? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

• KeithB
    KeithB
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

Okay the vaults are the same on my iPhone and iPad they are personal and shared. The iMac shows two vaults which are just unrecognized characters. However if I sign in my account at 1Password.com from the iMac it is okay. I will show pictures of what comes up when I go to 1Pass on the iMac itself.

• KeithB
    KeithB
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

I see I have two different threads going sorry about that. Can someone tell me how to uninstall 1Pass on the iMac and reinstall it. There is no reset data. What would it take to just reinstall since my data is stored at the agile cloud (not sure if that’s what you call it) but stored on 1Pass cloud. I installed this because it was supposed to be easy for just ordinary people. Pretty difficult I just speak in laymen terms and I am not real knowledgeable in 1Pass. Sorry I am trying.

• KeithB
    KeithB
    Community Member

Okay thanks for all the help, I figured it out myself. I asked how to uninstall, and reinstall 1Pass, wasn't a real hard question. But for what ever reason no one really would answer. I think you guys overthink everything. There is a saying here it is KISS Keep it simple S. Three days later I found the solution. I mean no disrespect to anyone. Live phone support would really cut out a lot of waisted time on everyones part. Thank you

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@KeithB - I did answer you in your other thread. :) Part of the reason it sometimes takes a while to get back to people is when posters open up multiple threads of the same topic; when we have to coordinate multiple replies among multiple team members to the same question over multiple points of contact, it slows the support times for everyone (including you). I'm glad things seem to be working for you again, but please let us know if you need further assistance. :)

• KeithB
    KeithB
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

I am sorry but you guys always put it that the customer is wrong. I tried all of the suggestions you folks put down and none of it worked. You didn’t answer me you didn’t tell me how to uninstall 1Pass and reinstall that was my question. So three days later I figured it out on my own. I know you’re busy and trying to humiliate the consumer should not be part of the job. When you try to communicate in writing sometimes it is misunderstood. But I do appreciate you trying to help in your own way. Need to open up a call center where people talk live. You’re communicating time would be cut in half. The multiple threads was an accident and you seem to be the only one with the problem I tried to make it right, please forgive me. I am sure I probably won’t get much support after this. I told you I am a novice with the software. Sorry all this pain was caused for opening two threads, I know it was real confusing for you. I only opened two threads and only two people replied. This is very poor customer care, to try and make me fell like crap! Sorry didn’t mean to go on and on.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018

@KeithB - good heavens, I'm not trying to humiliate you, and you won't get less (or no) support in the future. :) We're happy to have you as a user, and I'm truly sorry I made you feel otherwise, and for the delay in our reply times. We're working to get through a bit of a surge in support requests due (I think) to the recent release of macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”), so hopefully we'll be back to our usual quicker response times soon. Anyway, from the description and screenshots you provided, I wasn't certain that a simple deletion and re-installation of the 1Password app itself was what would make any difference at all. That's why I gave you the instructions to reset the data first. Are things now working properly, the way you expect?

• KeithB
    KeithB
    Community Member

Doesn’t matter now, I got it running. Try to Keep it Simple. Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.