Copy Link copies the description

jra
jra
Community Member

When the "Two-Factor Authentication Available" thing comes up I want to copy and paste the "view instructions" link into a browser which is not my default. I right click on the link and there's "Copy Link". When I paste it, I get ">>View Instructions…<<" instead of the URL I expected to get.

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:copy link

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jra - excellent question! Unfortunately, these types of links are not a webview, which would (or could be made to) respond in the familiar manner you're asking about. In these Inactive 2FA cases, the links are handled within the code of 1Password itself, which means it's not possible to allow copying of the link directly from the clickable "View Instructions" text. Sorry for the inconvenience, but you can certainly always copy/paste from one browser to another.

• jra
    jra
    Community Member

Ok, then the pop-up menu should not say copy link...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jra - unfortunately, that menu is part of macOS, not something we can change. If you click the instructions, you'll be taken to the website. From there, you can copy the URL over into a different browser, if you wish. Or you could install something like Browser Fairy or Choosy to allow you to choose which browser links open in. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.