1password disappeared from my safari toolbar, and isn't available in "customize toolbar"

1password disappeared from my safari toolbar, and isn't available in "customize toolbar". I am using version 3.8.22. Additionally if I search my mac for 1password the search bar crashes every time it shows up. This doesn't happen when I search for other things.

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password disappeared from my safari toolbar

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Karin: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password 3 was originally developed in 2009, and supports Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Lion, not any recent macOS or browser versions. With Safari 12, Apple has discontinued support for the old unsigned extensions, like 1Password 3 used. It absolutely will not work there. You can read more details in the announcement at the top of this forum category:

1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

1Password 7, one the other hand, fully supports macOS Sierra, High Sierra, and Mojave. You'll have a better experience there, so you may want to consider upgrading. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.