Use same keyboard shortcut to fill in logins in all browsers

Options

Hi!

I have been using 1Password for many years but upgraded to version 7 only yesterday (I set up a family subscription for me and my wife). I thought that the cleanest way to set things up would be by using only vaults in the 1Password account and deleting local vaults, so that's what I did.

One issue I encountered is that I am unable to use 1Password's menu bar app to fill in logins in Chrome. Instead I need to use 1Password X for Chrome, which needs to have a different keyboard shortcut. Am I missing something or is it really no longer possible to have only one keyboard shortcut to fill in logins in all browsers? If so, this is step backwards for me... :(

Thanks for any help,

Andreas

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 1Password X for Chrome
OS Version: 10.10.14 Mojave
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AndreasG: We'd love that too, but it just isn't possible with a self-contained extension by itself, like 1Password X, as different browsers have different limitations with regard to keyboard shortcuts. You can, however, use the desktop app's keyboard shortcut in all browsers where you're using the 1Password desktop extension, since the app itself can listen for the shortcut system-wide. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.