1.11.2.beta woes when filling logins

Hi,

in the release notes of 1.11.2.beta you ask for feedback on the new syncing improvements. I can't comment on those, but I noticed that this new beta isn't offering me fewer login items when logging in to sites than before.

For example, I have two different entries in 1P for two specific sub-domains of the same site (e.g. abc.foobar.com and 123.foobar.com). Whenever I hit either one of these sites and clicked on the little 1P icon in the username/password field, 1PX would offer me both login items. Now it only offers me one, and unfortunately, it's the wrong one (e.g. it is offering me the abc.foobar.com login on the 123.foobar.com site).

So whatever you guys have changed there in the login selection logic, it's a regression.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cryptochrome
    cryptochrome
    Community Member

Sorry, I meant:

"I noticed that this new beta is offering me fewer login items when logging in to sites than before"

Not "isn't offering...".

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cryptochrome: Ah, no worries. I got your meaning and didn't even notice the small typo at first. I'm having trouble finding an instance of this myself, but I believe a colleague has been able to reproduce it. Just to confirm, you're not seeing certain items in the inline menu, even when they match the domain, but you are seeing them in a search in the 1Password X toolbar menu? Are you able to fill it from there?

• cryptochrome
    cryptochrome
    Community Member

That is correct, Brenty. I am not seeing certain items in the inline menu, even if they are matching the domain. And in those cases, they also don't appear in the toolbar menu, at least not in the suggested items. I would have to search for them (in which case they show up, of course).

So these items don't show up through either method: inline nor toolbar.

Here are two screenshots showing what I mean:

Here you can see only one item popping up inline as well as in the toolbar. It's the wrong item though.

This one shows the same situation, but I searched for "allianz" in the toolbar menu. After the search, the correct item appears as well (as "best match").

Just to be clear, in the previous version of 1PX, both items were shown inline!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

@cryptochrome: Thanks! I believe we were able to narrow it down to logins without a protocol not being displayed as matches. For example an amazon.com login will not show up at https://amazon.com. Does that match what you're seeing? Hopefully that's the extent of it, and we can fix this in the next beta. Thank you! :)

ref: x/b5x#606

• cryptochrome
    cryptochrome
    Community Member

Actually, yes. Now that you say it, the item that's not being offered has no protocol.

I just added https:// to it but 1PX is still not offering it to me inline (the change I made has synced across, I double-checked).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Well that's annoying. We'll test for that with any fix we do. Thank you for checking!

• Lunim
    Lunim
    Community Member

I'm also not getting prompted in-line for most sites, even with the protocol in place.

• dteare
    edited October 2018

Sorry for the trouble!

We are publishing a new beta as we speak. Please sit tight and see if beta 1.11.3 fixes things for you. In about 20 minutes from now you can go to chrome://extensions/ and click Update to get updated quicker.

• Lunim
    Lunim
    Community Member

It seems to be working better, thank you.

• cryptochrome
    cryptochrome
    Community Member

Confirmed. The sites I tested before that didn't show all relevant items inline now work again. Great job guys! :)

• I'm glad to hear the new beta fixed things for you, @Lunim and @cryptochrome! On behalf of Dave and the team, you're most welcome. Enjoy the beta and thanks for passing this issue along so we could get it fixed up. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.