1Password X Can't Connect

When attempting to save passwords in my vault, 1Password X says it is unable to connect to the internet. Otherwise, the extension works fine. The javascript console is empty, and I am running the latest versions of Chrome and the extension, and have a working internet connection. Having just switched to 1Password from Dashlane, this is not making me want to keep using it after the trial is over. How can I fix this problem so I can keep using 1Password which until now has been a big improvement?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.9.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @archmaster,

I apologize for the week that's gone by without an answer to your question. I hope you've still been able to enjoy your trial. To help you out I've reset the trial so you have an additional 30 days. :)

You may have run into a known issue where the session timed out if 1Password X hadn't been unlocked in a while. We included a fix for this bug in 1Password X 1.10, released yesterday. Please let me know if you keep seeing the error in version 1.10, and we can look into this for you more closely.

Cheers,
    Mitch

• katertier
    katertier
    Community Member

Good morning

Still seeing this every day, sometimes multiple times. My workaround currently is to use developer tools to reload the extension, unlock, reload the page and then it works just fine.

1Password 1.11.2
    Chrome 69.0.3497.100
    Windows 10; Mac OS High Sierra & Mojave

I see the behaviour at home (albeit not as often) where I rely on my trusty Macbook Pro and at work (where I have to go through a proxy and are forced to deal with Windows 10).
    Everything else including access to 1password.com works as expected and once the extension is reloaded it works just fine.

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@katertier: Please give the beta a try in Chrome and let us know if that helps.

• katertier
    katertier
    Community Member

Thanks brenty

same version number, same problems...
    The extension page says "1Password X Beta - Password Manager" so I'm confident I have the correct one...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@katertier: Ah, I'm sorry for missing that. Thanks for clarifying. Can you share the errors in your background console logs from 1Password X? You can grab them here:

1. Go to chrome://extensions/
    2. Turn on Developer mode in the top right
    3. In "1Password X - Password Manager" click the "background page" link
    4. Click the Console tab and copy/paste any red error messages (unless they're about message ports)

That should give us an idea of what's happening in your browser. Thanks in advance! :)

• katertier
    katertier
    Community Member

Sorry for the delay, I was traveling and I don't save passwords that often, albeit I tried to replicate the problem.

Here's the result...

In case you need the original, please contact me per email. I didn't really know which information I could safely share.

Thanks

1Password X Beta - Passwort-Manager has been updated from 1.12.0 to 1.12.1! 🤟
    background.js:36 crypto tests: 230.135986328125ms
    background.js:36 PBES2g-HS256(100000): 68.378173828125ms
    background.js:36 PBES2g-HS256(100000): 55.61376953125ms
    background.js:36 Signed in sucessfully to xxx@xxx.xx @ my and loaded account details. Elapse time 1852ms.
    background.js:36 account info was up-to-date for account
    background.js:36 keysets were up-to-date for account
    background.js:36 updated vaults for account
    background.js:36 updated vaults for account
    background.js:36 vaults were up-to-date for account
    background.js:36 WebSocket connection to 'wss://b5n.1password.com/somethingsomethingdarkside/hubbabubba/itsdarkinhere' failed: WebSocket opening handshake was canceled
    connect @ background.js:36
    my.1password.com/api/v1/session/touch:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()
    background.js:36 [request] Request "/api/v1/session/touch" failed: Error: Authentication required.
    at new t (background.js:36)
    at _handleQwestError (background.js:36)
    at Array.f (background.js:29)
    at background.js:29
    at p (background.js:29)
    at s (background.js:29)
    (anonymous) @ background.js:36
    my.1password.com/api/v1/overview:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()
    background.js:36 [_request] Request "/api/v1/overview" failed: Error: Authentication required.
    background.js:36 vaults were up-to-date for account
    my.1password.com/api/v1/session/touch:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()
    background.js:36 [_request] Request "/api/v1/session/touch" failed: Error: Authentication required.
    background.js:36 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined
    at isSignedIn.
    .extendSession.then.catch.e (background.js:36)
    my.1password.com/api/v2/vault/somevault/207/items:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()
    background.js:36 [_request] Request "/api/v2/vault/somevault/207/items" failed: Error: Authentication required.
    background.js:36 Unable to save item, running syncer and retrying...
    my.1password.com/api/v1/overview:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()
    background.js:36 [_request] Request "/api/v1/overview" failed: Error: Authentication required.
    background.js:36 [action/auth#createNewContext] Error: Missing current user
    at background.js:36
    my.1password.com/api/v2/vault/somevault/207/items:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()
    background.js:36 [_request] Request "/api/v2/vault/somevault/207/items" failed: Error: Authentication required.
    my.1password.com/api/v2/vault/someothervault/577/items:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()
    background.js:36 [_request] Request "/api/v2/vault/someothervault/577/items" failed: Error: Authentication required.
    background.js:36 Failed to save login: Error: Missing current user
    save-login-response @ background.js:36
    _generated_background_page.html:1 Error in event handler for runtime.onMessage: TypeError: Cannot read property 'data' of null
    at ZP.onFillEnd (chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/background/background.js:36:490086)
    at Object.fill-script-complete (chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/background/background.js:36:449521)
    at r (chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/background/background.js:36:442956)

• That's perfect! Thank you so much, @katertier. ❤️

I recognize one of those errors immediately as it's one that @beyer and I fixed in beta 1.12.6 that was just released a few minutes ago. I see you're already on the beta so could you update and see if the problem persists or not? Chrome will automatically update you in about 8 hours from now but you can help it along by going to the chrome://extensions/ page, enabling Developer mode, and then pressing the Update button.

I'm pretty sure this will resolve the issue you're seeing but I don't know for certain as I've never seen the TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined error before. I believe that it's benign, however, as 1Password X should be able to recover afterwards.

Please give that a go and let us know how it turns out.

Thanks!

++dave;

• katertier
    katertier
    Community Member

Thanks guys

Looks good so far.

• Sweet! Hopefully it stays that way. I'm pretty sure it will but I don't want to jinx it by saying so. 🙂

++dave;

This discussion has been closed.