Password 7 will not synch between computers and iOS devices

jbstroup
jbstroup
Community Member

Passwords will not synch from primary computer across other computers and iOS devices.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.1.2 (70102000) AgileBits Sto
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: ICLOUD
Referrer: forum-search:passwords not synching

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jbstroup - I'm sorry for the trouble! If you're using iCloud to sync your data across devices, make sure you're using the same Apple ID/iCloud account on all devices. Beyond that, give these steps a go.

• b_cavello
    b_cavello
    Community Member

I think maybe some setting changed recently? I had been saving things on my phone to my "personal" vault, but now I see that something I created last night was not available on my computer because it was instead listed under "Primary."

I feel pretty confused, tho, because my mobile app says there are 6 passwords saved in the "primary" vault, but I don't know how to figure out what they are to move them to the right place...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@b_cavello - If you have a 1password.com membership, I'd strongly recommend you not continue to also have a standalone Primary vault, for this very reason: it can cause confusion about where items are being stored/saved. And your Primary vault is not synced via your 1password.com membership because it's a standalone vault. What you can do is use these instructions to move all of the items from your Primary vault into your 1password.com Personal vault, then delete the Primary vault. That way, your data will be in sync automatically across every device where you're signed into your account.

• b_cavello
    b_cavello
    Community Member

I would love to not have a Primary vault. My issue was that I didn't know how to see what was in the Primary vault, but I've got it now. Thanks so much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah gotcha. Sounds good! We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.