Windows 10 April 2018 update (1803), Edge as default browser shows 1Password splash window

Options
2»

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@WinPass: No updates yet, unfortunately. We can't just fix this on our side, as this is Windows behaviour.

We will post more news here, as we have them. I hope for your understanding. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• WinPass
    WinPass
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg I totally understand. I just wanted to make sure this didn't go dark :) I really hope MS responds and helps come up with a fix soon! Thank you!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@WinPass: We didn't forget about it. ;) Thank you for understanding! Hopefully, we will have more news soon.

Cheers,
    Greg

• MikeT
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hey folks,

We've submitted an update with a workaround to avoid that splash screen and so far, it works for us. This update will also work with the upcoming 1Password 7.2 update with the new 1Password Brain technologies. It'll take a week or so to certify the update. We'll update here when it is supposed to be open to everyone.

We're still working on the Insider build issue, this one is not fixed.

• MikeT
    Options

Hmm, that was unusually fast. They've approved the update, so it'll take about 24 hours for everyone to see the update in Microsoft Store.

• cvvorous
    cvvorous
    Community Member
    Options

Is the new extension's version # 7.2.575.0?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cvvorous,

Yes, the new update is 7.2.575.

Can you reboot and see if 1Password works now without the splash window?

• cvvorous
    cvvorous
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't see a splash screen (yay!) but 1password.exe does crash on my system if the new extension is installed with Edge as my default browser (booooo). Rebooted several times, and the tray icon would appear (mouseover shows "edge") but it would crash after and not recover.

After removing the extension by uninstalling it and rebooting, 1password.exe didn't crash. I'm on Win10 w/the current 1password beta build (7.2.574.0 I think, based on the crash log in event viewer)

Here's the log from event viewer:

Faulting application name: 1Password.exe, version: 7.2.574.0, time stamp: 0x5b5f936a
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.165, time stamp: 0xfa43f4b2
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x0010ddc2
    Faulting process id: 0x3648
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d429440c6db3a0
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\cvv\AppData\Local\1password\app\7\1Password.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 568b27f4-f170-4eec-8e75-6d4c660db66e
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

• cvvorous
    cvvorous
    Community Member
    Options

Grr. Added a reply and it disappeared for some reason. At any rate, I'm not seeing a splash screen at boot, but 1password.exe is crashing now. Reproduced several times, fixed by uninstalling the new extension from the system. I'm on the current 1password beta.

Here's the log from event viewer:
    Faulting application name: 1Password.exe, version: 7.2.574.0, time stamp: 0x5b5f936a
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17134.165, time stamp: 0xfa43f4b2
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x0010ddc2
    Faulting process id: 0x3648
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d429440c6db3a0
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\cvv\AppData\Local\1password\app\7\1Password.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 568b27f4-f170-4eec-8e75-6d4c660db66e
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cvvorous,

Hmm, I’m using the same versions you’re using and it is solid.

That specific error should come with another crash report from .NET if you can look it up in Event Viewer and share that here.

If not, please email us your 1Password diagnostics report, use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• cvvorous
    cvvorous
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the delay, was out of the office today. Here's the other log:

Application: 1Password.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.IO.IOException
    at MS.Internal.AppModel.ResourcePart.GetStreamCore(System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess)
    at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.GetStream(System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess)
    at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.GetStream()
    at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Object, System.Uri)
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.MiniWindow.InitializeComponent()
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.MiniWindow..ctor()
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.MiniWindow.ShowAndFocus()
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.WorkspaceMini+<>c.b__14_1()
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

Exception Info: System.AggregateException
    at AgileBits.OnePassword.App.b__11_1(System.Object, System.Threading.Tasks.UnobservedTaskExceptionEventArgs)
    at System.EventHandler`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, System.__Canon)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskScheduler.PublishUnobservedTaskException(System.Object, System.Threading.Tasks.UnobservedTaskExceptionEventArgs)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskExceptionHolder.Finalize()

• MikeT
    edited August 2018
    Options

Hi @cvvorous,

Can you email us the diagnostics report, it's an odd crasher and we need more details.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• cvvorous
    cvvorous
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Well, this is weird - I'm unable to reproduce the issue any longer. I did it a few times before, experienced the crashes I mentioned, but since then it's working fine. I'll go ahead and send the diagnostic report anyway, as it has logs from when the crashes were occurring. (sent)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cvvorous,

That only makes it odder. The errors to us doesn't look like it came from 1Password but from Windows + .NET. I think the reboot what helped the most here.

Please keep an eye out on it and let us know if the situation changes.

ref: LIU-77917-362

• Terrahawk
    Terrahawk
    Community Member
    Options

In looking for a solution to the Windows 10 1Password update prompt I found this thread. I have a follow-up question on my 1Password version because of the mention of 7.2.575 here. I'm on 4.6.2.626 and when I go to Help-->Check for New Version, 1Password tells me that I'm running the latest version. Do I need to uninstall/redownload 1Password for Windows to pick up the newer version? I use Dropbox to sync and have the purchased version of 1Password (I am not on the subscription plan).

1Password: 4.6.2.626
    Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. Installed 5/25/18. OS build: 17134.285

Thanks,
    Peter

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Terrahawk,

1Password 7 for Windows is not a direct update to 1Password 4 for Windows, it is a different app. Moreover, it is a new purchase. You can either purchase a new standalone license (from within the app) or sign up for a new 1Password account.

If you are interested in 1Password 7 for Windows, I would recommend you to choose the latter, as it is much more convenient. Here is how you can migrate your existing data:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Let me know if it helps. If you have other questions, we are here for you. :) Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.