Browser extension now requires a secret key (and thus a password)?

Options

I don't have a 1Password login because I sync over WLAN (and I'd like to keep it this way). My Firefox browser extension often disappears so I have to reinstall it. This time, it is asking me to sign in to 1Password, and requires the Secret Key in order to proceed (the Sign In button will not activate until all three fields are populated: user name, secret key, password). How can I activate my browser extension WITHOUT a secret key?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @christophersmith77,

If you definitely have the companion extension installed, the one at version 4.7.3, then if you're reaching a point where attempting to use the extension is prompting for a secret key there must be a connection error between the extension and 1Password. For that we will probably need to review a diagnostic report.

If by chance though you've installed the 1Password X extension, currently at version 1.10.4 then you will want to remove that extension and install the companion one. You can locate it on our "Downloads - 1Password" page ( https://1password.com/downloads/ ). It's just below the link for 1Password for Mac and you want the extension on the right rather than 1Password X which is on the left.

If we need to review a diagnostic report though here is what to do. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report and we'll see what it reveals.

• christophersmith77
    christophersmith77
    Community Member
    Options

Apparently I had both installed. I removed v.1.10.4 and now 4.7.3 works perfectly. Thank you!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could help :smile:

This discussion has been closed.