Feature request: Open URL in non-standard browser

Options

Is there a way to open a specifik URL in a non-standard browser ? Eg. if my standard browser is Chrome and I want to open a specific URL in IE i would do: “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” http://url_you_want
This does not work with 1Password, I assume the reason has something to do with the autofill.

Any way to achieve this with the current version of 1Pass ?
A dropdown of currently installed browsers to open the specific element in, would be a nice feature. :)

Regards
Kevin

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: 1.10.4
OS Version: Windows 10 - 1803
Sync Type: 1Password for Teams

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KevinPoulsen,

At the moment there isn't way either to force a particular URL to be opened in a specific browser or from inside the main window choose a specific browser when you initiate open-and-fill. Everything uses the default browser in these contexts. Changes to how open-and-fill on the Mac mean the use of Choosy or Browser Fairy (allows on the fly browser selection) doesn't currently work so I'd definitely like to see us implement something but at the moment what that is or if/when has not been decided. It is something I think a subset of users would appreciate including a number here at 1Password. The question is, is it sufficient numbers to make a valid argument for spending time on it? I hope the answer is yes but I don't know.

• KevinPoulsen
    KevinPoulsen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables,

Thank you for the reply :)
    Do you have somewhere users can see submitted requests and maybe vote or acknowledge their interest in a given feature ?

Regards
    Kevin

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @KevinPoulsen,

Unfortunately no, our bug/feature tracker is internal only. I have noted your interest though as we do use that as one of the factors when evaluating any new feature. A niche feature with two requests will struggle to be allocated developer time in contrast to something we routinely see asked for. Oddly I don't often see requests on the Windows side, more the Mac. I don't know why that is.

ref: opw-162

This discussion has been closed.