Firefox 6 extension simply doesn't work consistently

The single most frustrating aspect of this buggy situation is that when using the extension, it frequently (not always) fails to fill in anything on the login page I am dealing with. In other words, logins that have worked for a long time in previous releases do nothing when invoked using the new extension.

Would I be better off temporarily changing to Safari?

Everything I use is the latest: Lion, Safari, Firefox.

Comments

• bcdave
    bcdave
    Community Member
    I have the same issues. It's a big problem. The co-founder of Agile, Dave, wrote "I'm sorry for the troubles. You're right, a lot changed during the Firefox 5 to 6 transition and it has been a bumpy ride." on another thread which is now locked.

"Bumpy ride" You're not kidding! If software is not ready, please don't release it! Let me say that again because it is really, really important. Please don't release buggy software that causes lots of anguish for customers who have held Agile in such high regard before. I would rather stick with the older Firefox if I knew that 1Password wasn't ready yet.

Another user wrote: "This whole debacle with the new plugin has seriously shaken my faith in Agile Bits and 1Password. Had this been my first experience with 1Password, I would have walked away in utter disgust. I am the techie nerd of the family, and am constantly looked to as a guide for software choices and problem solving. I have been a big promoter of Agile Bits in the past, but I am starting to tell people a story more like "They were great once ... but lately, nothing works. Try XYZ instead" I really hate doing that, but I can't in good conscience recommend software that just doesn't work. "

I'm sure Agile is very concerned about this kind of feedback, as they should be. Clearly Agile is a great company with passionate people, but this is an unfortunate goof up that needs to be sorted as quick as possible.
  • lhotka
    lhotka
    Community Member
    Ditto here - even basic functions (like clicking the copy button next to a credit card number) don't work.

Agile has some very serious quality control problems recently. Anyone know if there was a bunch of turnover?
  • I have relied on 1Password for a long time. It is essentially worthless in Firefox 6. I am never able to fill out any forms with identity data, most login forms also don't fill in. I agree with everyone else. The Firefox 6 extension should be considered beta and not available until it works. I've never been so frustrated with software. I am going to be forced to downgrade Firefox in order to work or find an alternative solution. Again it's unacceptable that these issues exist and yet there is no communication that they are being fixed and users are left beta testing software that do not wish to beta test software.

I've spent hours trying to figure out if I had something messed up on my machine or in Firefox only to come to the forums and see others have the same issues. Seriously..
  • markj
    markj
    Community Member
    I am having the same problem and have found the passwords that do not fill have more than the userid and PW stored and the userid is not first. I have one that has the PW first and does not fill. Saving a new Password fixes the problem and stores as userid, pw. I hope this is helpful to others and maybe the programers will get the idea.
  • outtacontext
    outtacontext
    Community Member
    I've noticed that the 1Password extension works for most sites but not for all. I have a couple that now display Firefox's default login/pwd fields (that "come down from the top of the browser page). 1Password will not work with these (and these are sites that did work before). Also, I notice that when it does fill in the login/pwd sometimes it continues and logs me in automatically and sometimes it doesn't (and I have to hit the login button). This is pretty inconsistent.
  • defilmj
    defilmj
    Community Member
    The only site 1Password appears to work on is the 1Password forums. 1Password has become totally worthless.

For such a critical program, you can't just kill the function of your program and leave all these people with a
    "Sorry for the bumpy problems!".. This application is key to anytime I use a browser, which is actually
    becoming more rare.

This would be like Apple rolling out an OS where their APPs no longer work at all.

This is garbage.
  • I'm a fairly new user of 1P but have been watching it for a while and received many recommendations to get it. Now I'm wondering if these friends of mine have a serious drug habit that's affecting their judgement.

What a complete mess.
  • GeorgeRudd
    GeorgeRudd
    Community Member
    My love affair with 1Password is officially over! :@
  • bcdave
    bcdave
    Community Member
    C'mon Agile guys, you really need to address your faithful users about this.
  • antwolf
    antwolf
    Community Member
    Geeze, not one staff member replying to this topic. WOW...
  • bobgoldstein
    bobgoldstein
    Community Member
    I have to admit that I installed Lastpass a few days ago, and it seems to work perfectly.
  • defilmj
    defilmj
    Community Member
    Bill Weye wrote:

I'm a fairly new user of 1P but have been watching it for a while and received many recommendations to get it. Now I'm wondering if these friends of mine have a serious drug habit that's affecting their judgement.

What a complete mess.

No, it used to be GOOD. It never was "great", but was good enough for an Apple.
    If you expected it to work like ROboform, you would be disappointed as it just worked on
    everything... But it was darn close. Many Pop-up style login's it just didn't work on,
    (ex. TD Bank, it has never worked on TDBank, and it is not specific to my system. I switch to
    Windows and log in with ROboform on TDBank....

But yea, now it is "copy and paste". Might as well save your money and just use
    the keychain. This is also not the first time Agile has made bad decisions.... Recently
    you will find a thread where they did an upgrade without notifying everyone that
    FIrefox prior version was no longer supported. This is a whole new level of poor
    work.

BTW.. if you run VMWARE Fusion, and run Windows, passwords via ROboform
    and Firefox 6.0 work perfectly... So don't toss your Mac out... just be aware if
    you purchase 1Password, it don't work for periods of time.... I am looking for
    any type of replacement.... I don't care what it costs...
  • bcdave
    bcdave
    Community Member
    Yeah, Roboform always worked better for me when I was on the PC. I had written Agile a few times asking why this is. Still don't know why Roboform was more reliable filling forms than 1Password. Strange.
  • defilmj
    defilmj
    Community Member

I have to admit that I installed Lastpass a few days ago, and it seems to work perfectly.

Thanks for this! 1Password not only works only 1/5 the time, but they actually took out a feature
    I used a lot! You used to be able to select a "GO to entry and fill". That is gone. It appears they
    dropped it in to some "key sequence" I suppose conforming to the Apple folks that like to type
    Ctrl-Opt-Apple-Shft-UP-G and took it out of the right click. Like the right click is so over crowded...
    NOT...

I am done with 1Password, and I am angry about the lack of support. So all I can do
    about it is put a single web page up as a park page for many of the domains I hold
    and then just inter-link them all... Perhaps I can get high enough on the "Google"
    so they catch a page and read it before they buy this thing.

Quite sad. It is like an implosion.
  • defilmj
    defilmj
    Community Member
    bcdave wrote:

Yeah, Roboform always worked better for me when I was on the PC. I had written Agile a few times asking why this is. Still don't know why Roboform was more reliable filling forms than 1Password. Strange.

It is in the quality of the development. Often I would see a "It does not work
    because we need Apple to support this or that.... Tired of it. Did you check out
    "Lastpass"? Someone above advised about it. I am going to try it now....
    If it comes close to what 1Password was, I am gone.
This discussion has been closed.