Family or team

Options
aegos
aegos
Community Member

What's the difference?

I tried team and it asks that everyone have certain email address from specific domain names.

What about if I want my team to use gmail? How do I set that? I mean I can set that my team is using my domain name but we're not a large biz. We're more like family.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What's the difference?

@aegos: 1Password Families has sharing and simplified permissions geared toward, well...families. 1Password Teams (and Business) has more granular controls for sharing vaults with people and groups on the account. You can learn more here:

Create, share, and manage vaults in your team

I tried team and it asks that everyone have certain email address from specific domain names.

That's not the case. You can setup a specific domain to be allowed to use the team signup link (so that link cannot be used by any random person to join your team), but you can explicitly invite someone with any email address.

What about if I want my team to use gmail? How do I set that? I mean I can set that my team is using my domain name but we're not a large biz. We're more like family.

You can't set your signup link to be accessible by anyone with a Gmail account. That would be a bad idea, so we don't allow it. You wouldn't want me joining your team uninvited. ;)

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• aegos
    aegos
    Community Member
    Options

I mean I want to invite some people like bobby@gmail.com to join my team. I have no interests in allowing anyone with gmail account to join.

May be I misunderstand the error message. I tried to invite bobby@gmail.com (not his real email address) and got a message saying can't use gmail.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aegos: Follow the instructions here:

Add and remove team members

And make sure you haven't restricted yourself to inviting only people from a specific domain.

This discussion has been closed.