I need to know devices where 1password is in

Options
aegos
aegos
Community Member

I believe 1 password should only be installed on 3 devices. My android. My computer. And as a browser plugin.

I want to make sure that is the case.

If I logged in to lastpass I see the tab. Does 1password have similar feature?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2018
    Options

@aegos,

Yes, you can view your authorized devices on your profile page. Note that this will include any devices that you have logged into your 1Password account from, even if that was not recent. Also, there are circumstances where the same physical device will be listed multiple times.

Ben

• aegos
    aegos
    Community Member
    Options

So I logged in via web and see. And if some devices are not my devices I can disable it.

• aegos
    aegos
    Community Member
    Options

Adding new devices is something I will rarely rarely rarely do.

I got a phone. I got a computer. May be another phone. And I won't ever add new devices like once in a year.

So if someone somehow manage to add devices, he is most likely a hacker. The real me, won't mind waiting for a week.

I am thinking of having 1 week delay before a device can be added.

Within that 1 week, I expect to get email, or whatsapp message saying someone is adding a new device.

I can approve that by logging in from my other devices probably speeding things up.

Or I can reject that.

What do you think about that idea?

Basically if I have plenty of factors (fingerprints, microsoft hello, google auth, trusted devices, passwords, secret keys), I can speed up adding new devices. If I only have 2-3 factos I got to wait a week.

Makes that impossible to crack don't you think?

Unless the government jail and torture me and wait for a week I do not think anyone can ever hack my 1password. :) :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018
    Options

Correct. It can get confusing sometimes though when devices identify themselves by model numbers, as seems to be somewhat common with Android phones. :crazy: I find it easiest to refer to the new sign in emails. If I receive one, I know immediately whether or not I just signed into a device/browser, and which one it was. Cheers! :)

• aegos
    aegos
    Community Member
    Options

I did that. Thanks. Awesome.

I think a good idea is not to ask for master password for say 24 hours. It's trusted devices anyway. Also I can always look up my master password in my android using my finger prints.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome! The Master Password will be required every time to decrypt the data, but indeed, you can use the security settings to set auto lock behaviour, and take advantage of OS features like Touch ID, Face ID, Nexus Imprint, and Windows Hello if available. :chuffed:

• aegos
    aegos
    Community Member
    Options

I understand. But if I type in the password, I think the program can remember that master password for say, 24 hours? Windows hello requires mic right?

• aegos
    aegos
    Community Member
    Options

I think that feature will be useful too. I have fingerprints to access my android anyway. In case I forget my master password (very unlikely by itself), I can just use fingerprint in my phone.

Typing the same master password again and again and again and again is kind of tiring there.

I am looking at windows hello. The thing is my computer doesn't have fingerprint reader or webcam. My phone have both but I am not sure I can connect that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I understand. But if I type in the password, I think the program can remember that master password for say, 24 hours?

@aegos: You can set 1Password to not auto lock if you wish, but that's not very secure, so it isn't something we'd recommend.

Windows hello requires mic right?

Not that I'm aware of. I've used both cameras for facial recognition and fingerprint readers with Windows Hello. I don't believe there's a voice authorization option for it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aegos: I've merged your similar comments here. Please don't post the same thing in multiple places. Tat just slows down response times for everyone and also makes it more difficult to find the answers.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aegos: We don't have any plans to make it so that people can only login to their accounts on one device per week. That would be a bit of security theater. An attacker will just wait anyway, or steal one of your devices already authorized.

This discussion has been closed.