Adding tags to entries on android app

TaraJ
TaraJ
Community Member

How do I add tags to my entries, while in edit mode on my android app? If I can't, when will you introduce this feature? It seems a bit strange to be able to sort entries by tags, but not be able to view/edit them directly!

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android version 8.0.0
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:android app add tags

Comments

• Hi @TaraJ. Thanks for reaching out! It's not yet possible to add tags from 1Password on Android, though you can view them if they've been added from another device. This is something we're hoping to add soon, though, and I'll pass your request along to our development team. Let me know if you need anything else!

• shelbourn
    shelbourn
    Community Member

UPVOTE. I'd also love this feature.

• woodypecker
    woodypecker
    Community Member

Upvote, I also think that tags should be editable in the Android app

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's definitely something we want as well, but "votes" unfortunately don't slow down the rotation of the earth. If only! :lol: It's something we'll have to develop and test to release in an update in the future.

• grischuni
    grischuni
    Community Member

I switched to the new system. The folders are no longer supported. :-( Therefore everything was converted to tag. That's a good idea, but if you don't manage the tags, you can't make any sense of it. Managing over 800 entries becomes impossible!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're right. While I'm not sure I'd want to manage all of that on a mobile device in the first place, it is nice to be able to view tags on Android, the ability to make changes to them is lacking. With the groundwork laid, it's something we can add in an update. But I'm sorry that it isn't complete yet. Thanks for letting us know this is something you want too!

• wobblesthegoose
    wobblesthegoose
    Community Member

I would find tags on Android useful. Until that happens, however, why not save other Android environment-only users the frustration of trying to use them by declaring Android tags a 'future enhancement' in 1password 'help'. Just sayin. 😎

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wobblesthegoose: I'm not sure I understand what you're suggesting, but support for viewing tags was added in 7.0, and we're testing more tag-based features in 7.1 beta. :)

• wobblesthegoose
    wobblesthegoose
    Community Member

PLEASE ADVISE. ✔️ I'd like to create/use tags within my 1password apps that run on my devices that are all Android-based. 1password help doesn't appear to say this can't be done yet.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wobblesthegoose: Please read my last reply. 1Password or Android version 7.1 is in beta, and we're testing some tag management features there, with more to come with future updates.

This discussion has been closed.