1.11.4 beta: Form field highlighting

Dear 1P team,

I want to tell you about my experience with Dashlane, who also highlight form fields when filling. Unfortunately, there are often cases where the highlighting makes it impossible to read the form. Specifically, some forms put the field name right into the form field, instead of under or over the field. When these sites chose a color scheme that conflicts with the Dashlane field highlight color, those fields names become unreadable.

For example, Dashlane use a bright yellow as the highlight color. If the website uses a dark color scheme (dark background, dark form fields and white text inside the form fields), you end up with form fields that are highlighted in yellow with white text - you just can't read that.

I hope I am making sense.

For this reason I think the new feature in 1PX could face the same issue. Not sure you want to keep it...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, @cryptochrome!

You're totally right, care must be taken with highlights. We actually change the highlight based on the colour scheme of the website. This works quite well in our testing and I'd love to hear from you and others on how well it works on the sites you use from day to day.

If you run in to a form that looks poor with the highlight, please share the URL with us (or a screenshot if it's a private site) and we'll be happy to look in to it.

++dave;

• cryptochrome
    cryptochrome
    Community Member

You're dynamically changing the highlight color? Brilliant!

Thanks!

• mpboom
    mpboom
    Community Member

I still would love to be able to turn this off.

• We don't have an option for this at the moment, but it's certainly something we'll consider for a future update. Our settings screen is getting rather cramped already though. 🙂

++dave;

This discussion has been closed.