Help! 1Password 7 is stuck in a crashing loop with no vault attached to the application

Options

Okay a little backstory - I felt I was missing vault data on my PC and went in and realized I still had an old agilekeychain as well as my current opvault. I sync via Dropbox and my other computers/mobile are current. I deleted the agilekeychain entirely from Dropbox and removed the opvault from 1Password, then opened 1Password and walked through the initial splash page prompts choosing to import a fresh copy of the existing opvault on Dropbox. It loaded up < 10% of the data and was done. I checked my Dropbox install and checked my 1Password vault on my other computers, all of which are up-to-date and syncing appropriately. I removed the vault restarted the PC, added it back in again and still < 10% restored from the only opvault I have. I wasn't getting anywhere so I chose to uninstall 1Password 7, (I also had an old 1Password4 install on my PC which I removed as well).

Since installing a fresh copy I can open 1Password even open the limited menu options but I no longer get a splash page to choose a new/import a vault I just get the lock screen. There is no vault associated with the install so I have no idea why it's there. Put anything in it old master password or anything else and it crashes. Open the app again and I get an "unexpectedly quit" error message and option to send in a report but that's it. I've done a few permutations of uninstalled/reinstalled/reboot, but it seems I'm stuck and vaultless. Thoughts?

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro (1803)
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• Hi @mblatchford,

Thanks for reporting it.

Reinstalling 1Password wouldn't affect the local database, you'd have to rename the data folder for 1Password to start afresh for you. Here's how: https://support.1password.com/starting-over/?windows

• mblatchford
    mblatchford
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @MikeT! That indeed reset the splash page, but I'm still square one with importing an existing opvault successfully. As in my previous post I sync over Dropbox and when I navigate to my vault for import it only pulls in 60odd items from 800+. I even tried the menu import on top of that which duplicated those 60 items and in turn populated to the Mac/iOS devices on the same Dropbox opvault. I can't figure out why the the Windows version isn't pulling down the full vault when it can seemingly push to it no problem. Additional thoughts?

• Hi @mblatchford,

You're not supposed to import the same vault within itself, it'll duplicate it.

First, you can undo the import by selecting the imported (date of the import) tag on the sidebar to find the imported items and then select all to delete it.

Now, we'll need to see your 1Password diagnostics report to see why it is only showing 60 items. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• mblatchford
    mblatchford
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @MikeT,

Email w/ diagnostic sent per your request. Thanks for the assistance!

• Thanks, we got your email and will reply as soon as possible.

ref: JQJ-47212-611

This discussion has been closed.