Three fields for one login needed

I try to get 1Password to fill my data into the login on https://reg.confuzzled.org.uk/2018/attendee/signin which needs basically three fields to be filled in one go - The Username, a Badge Number and the password. How do I get 1Password to fill those fields correctly?

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Qetesh,

Can you try manually saving a Login item for me please using the steps outlined on our page How to save a Login manually in your browser. When I created a Login item this way it correctly filled all three fields. Now 1Password won't show the nickname and badge number at the top of the Login item like it does for a username and password but all three fields are stored in the web form details and when it sees the page you ask it to fill matches the one that created the Login item it will fill all three fields. The same applies if 1Password prompts you to save a Login item from inside your browser. The key bit is seeing the page you want it to later fill allows 1Password to better understand and fill three or more fields.

• Qetesh
    Qetesh
    Community Member

That did work!
    I tried to manually add those fields before but that didn't do it.

Thank you for the quick help! :D

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Qetesh,

Glad I could help :smile: While manually adding fields can be one route the steps required to do so aren't public and it's really for helping with weird sites that don't work when you save a Login item from inside the browser. In the more common case what happens is if you add a field to the web form details it will mean the stored details cannot match the page it was saved on and this stops the most reliable way of filling three plus fields. Still, it is useful to have a backup approach should the normal ones be defeated by an unusual page.

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member

This is just one of those posts worth bumping up because it is never really clear how to save three authentication fields of information to login on a site with three fields. (or edit an old item to get it to work right)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AlwaysSortaCurious: While it won't work in every case because websites can differ wildly, manually saving a new login for the site is always your best, since it will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form to fill better. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• jbm
    jbm
    Community Member

I had this working in 1Password 6, but then I upgraded to 7.
    Now some sites that used to work before stopped working, and this method doesn't work either. Manually adding the fields with the proper form names also doesn't work... for those sites.

For instance, American Airlines loyalty program login requires three fields and 1Password fills them properly (although I have to press CMD-\ twice to do it).
    But Velocity@ocbc's login used to work (same two CMD-) and now it doesn't (I even created another login manually like described here just to test).

any help?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @jbm,

I can get 1Password to fill if I set the country drop down menu manually but having seen what the page is doing I'm amazed 1Password could ever first set the drop down menu and then fill the fields. When the drop down menu is set to Please Select and the other fields are disabled setting the country doesn't just enable the fields, underneath the page is deleting various input fields and creating new ones. The page with the disabled fields bears very little in common with the page where you can fill.

I think for at least now it will mean you need to manually set the country. Once done though a Login item saved on that page should fill all three fields and hopefully you find the same. If you're not find a Login item saved in the browser works in that scenario do let me know as we should see similar results.

• jbm
    jbm
    Community Member

I didn't even remember the Country, as it's already pre-filled for me...
    My experience is: saving a new Login from gear icon (that will use the details filled in the form), and then trying to use it to login only fills two of the fields (OrganizationID does not get filled, and it used to, on a second "pass" pressing CMD-/ again)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jbm,

Can you tell me a bit more about your setup please. I'm curious as to:

1. Your preferred browser and the version of it.
    2. The version of our extension installed in the browser.
    3. The exact version of 1Password that you currently have.

We should be seeing similar results so I'd like to see if I can reproduce what you're seeing.

• jbm
    jbm
    Community Member

These are my versions.

• (1) Chrome 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) with (2) 1Password extension (desktop app required) 4.7.3.90
    • (1) Safari 12.0 (13606.2.11) with (2) 1Password 4.7.3 extension
    • (1) Firefox Developer Edition 63.0b13 (64-bit) with (2) 1Password extension (desktop app required) 4.7.3.90

(3) 1Password 7 Version 7.1.2 (70102000) from the AgileBits Store

Using the login I had previously saved (and was working prior to 1Password 7) it doesn't fill in the 3rd field. I retried creating a manual login entry again, first on Firefox and then on Chrome, and this time they both worked like a charm on the three browsers I have can potentially use.

Not really sure what changed from the 3rd October where I did the exact same and it didn't work... but I'm definitely happier ;)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @jbm,

So I can't explain why it didn't work on the 3rd when you first tried either but I am glad we're seeing seeing consistent behaviour between us now. A change in filing when moving from an earlier version to 1Password 7.1 I can explain, we made a big change to filling there and so there was going to be some fallout given the size of the changes made. Sometimes trying to pin down why an older item no longer works can be tricky as it may depend on both what version of 1Password was used to save as well as potentially what the page looked like at the time. A new item may work because it has more current data on the page that for whatever reason it feels is vital for filling.

Hopefully now that you have a working item though it should just keep working. If that doesn't turn out to be the case please do let me know.

• Airvan00
    Airvan00
    Community Member

any update, the third field still doesn't work
    im using 1Password 7.2.5 and chrome Version 74.0.3729.131
    and trying to set up 1password to work with https://www.qantasmoney.com/account/login

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Airvan00,

Things like this are often very site specific so it isn't the case that users have been waiting for a fix for all three field forms. As you had kindly supplied the URL for the page you're having trouble with I've taken a look. The bad news is no matter what I tried I couldn't get the stable version of 1Password for Mac to fill all three fields. The promising news though is newer filling code, present in the beta does appear to fill all three fields without any additional tweaking required. If you're curious and tempted you can install the beta and we have a support page. Use 1Password beta releases with the required steps. If you're not though that's perfectly fine and there's no pressure. In that scenario it should be that a future update helps and I apologise for the wait.

• Airvan00
    Airvan00
    Community Member

Thanks, I’ll wait for the update, and try then.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your patience. Should just be a matter of time. :)

• BSerlIfE
    BSerlIfE
    Community Member

The instructions for manually adding a login don't seem to apply to 1PasswordX. What is the procedure when you don't have a "Save New Login" item? @littlebobbytables mentioned there is a way to manually add fields, but I don't see instructions for how to do that either.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BSerlIfE,

1Password X does have quite a different UI, one big difference being it doesn't have an autosave prompt like 1Password for Mac. You can always save a new Login item whenever you want though. Fill in the form and with the 1Password X inline menu visible click the ellipsis. The following screenshot should hopefully help with what I'm referring to.

You'll be supplied a new menu (see below) with the final option titled Save Login

That's how you can manually save a new Login item any time in 1Password X.

As for adding fields for filling to an existing Login item if you have a site in mind we can work through an example.

• BSerlIfE
    BSerlIfE
    Community Member

Thanks, @littlebobbytables, that worked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad lil bobby was able to help. We're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.