Searching/Sorting Watchtower reused passwords category

Options

Greetings,

Watchtower is showing almost 500 reused passwords in our account, some of which are actual duplicates, but most of which are the result both a login and password entry for the same site. There doesn't seem to be any way to search or sort the list. Both the search box and the sort-by dropdown do nothing. The list is auto-sorted by the actual password, and I cant see a way to change that. I don't have time to fix the whole list but I need to fix one item. I have no idea what the password is. So all I can do is either slowly read the whole list until I find it, or search all vaults, find one of the two items, note the first 3 digits of the password, and return to the 'reused passwords' list, scroll down and find the items. It would be nice if that category could be searched and/or sorted, like all the other categories, so it was easier to find the dupes.

Or is there a way to do this and I'm to dense to find it? :)

Thanks!
Joe

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: 1.11.0
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jboren,

Thanks for writing in.

We do apologize for the confusion, we wanted to get Watchtower 2 features out first but we didn't take the time to customize the sorting and search for them in the item lists. Right now, the item lists for Watchtower is the default that's reused in all item lists. For an example, there is not supposed to be any sorting support in the Reused Passwords view, except for maybe reversing it.

They'll be overhauled in a future update such as supporting reverse sorting, password age, etc that the macOS version of 1Password has.

As for the search, it searches and highlight but it cannot filter the custom Watchtower views just yet. This will be fixed to filter down quickly based on the passwords.

One idea we have is that we can link to other items that reuse the same passwords, that way you don't need to search for other items manually.

For now, you're not doing anything wrong or missing anything, this is on us to fix/improve soon.

• jboren
    jboren
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT !

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not just being dumb. I always worry about that when I ask these types of questions... :chuffed:

And thanks, it's not a big deal, but will be a really helpful feature.

Best regards,
    Joe

• You're welcome! Never feel like that with us, we'd love to answer any questions you have.

This discussion has been closed.