Can I use Yubikey to unlock 1Password on my PC?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Unlock 1password on Mac with usb fingerprint dongle.

Comments

• asif_nabi
    asif_nabi
    Community Member

Any updates? I'm using 1Password on my Dell XPS windows laptop, it doesn't have fingerprint scanner or windows hello, I'm really tired of typing password, is there any way I can install a third party fingerprint reader and acts as windows hello to unlock 1password? or Yubikeys?

• Hi @asif_nabi,

Thanks for writing in.

If you get a Windows Hello-compatible biometric device, it should be able to unlock 1Password for you. We use the Windows Hello on Windows 10, so any devices that support it will work with 1Password. We also support the PIN method via Windows Hello, so you can use that without any biometric devices.

Keep in mind that Windows Hello is automatically enabled by default once you enter the master password first, it'll then let you unlock with Hello for the rest of the session until 1Password is either terminated or you've rebooted.

Also, the Windows Hello support is limited to 1709 (Fall Creators Update) or later.

This discussion has been closed.