Edge Extension "Crash"

Options

Randomly the Edge extension of 1Password 7.2.575 will not open the mini window when clicked on. Even after disabling it or closing the Edge browser entirely I have to close the 1Password app and the browser then they will work. I also notice that when opening a new session of Edge while the 1Password app is in the tray (not in focus or "open") the tray icon will disappear and re-appear a few times while the browser opens. Has anyone experienced these two items before?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @WinPass,

Thank you for getting in touch!

There is known issue with 1Password extension in Microsoft Edge in the current version of Windows 10, please see this neighbour thread. We believe that this issue might be fixed in the upcoming Windows update and we will post more news, when we have them.

In the meantime, please try to completely reinstall 1Password extension from Microsoft Store and check if it works after that. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• WinPass
    WinPass
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Uninstalling and reinstalling has helped but only for a short time then the issue occurs again. Restarting my machine all together seems to help as well... super weird. Also I'm following the other thread so we can lock/close this one if you would like :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@WinPass: Let's continue the conversation there :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• fc0712
    fc0712
    Community Member
    Options

I’m also experiencing this issue and often when edge doesn’t want to open the 1 password extensions and I try to open the 1 password app manually then my computer significantly slows down in every app - have anyone experienced this and know why that might happen?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fc0712: Which 1Password version and Windows release are you using?

• fc0712
    fc0712
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also experiencing a general slow 1password application when scrolling through my logins.

1Password Version: 7.2.581

Windows 10 : Version 1803 (Build 17134.320)

• @fc0712: There are a few things that could cause slowdowns in 1Password right now, but all should be temporary and clear up after a bit and none should affect other apps, so this sounds like something different. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com, but do not post them here as this is public forum.

Do, however, include a link to this post in your e-mail. That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  If you post that number here, I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :chuffed:

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• fc0712
    fc0712
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate I just sent the diagnostics report. Support id: #KYL-92375-436

• @fc0712: Found it, thank you! I'm about to run off this evening, so I likely won't get a chance to peek at it today, but I'll take a look first thing on Monday if no one beats me to it. :+1:

ref: KYL-92375-436

• fc0712
    fc0712
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate Still haven't heard anything. When can I expect a reply to my support case?

• MikeT
    edited October 2018
    Options

Hi @fc0712,

We're experiencing a lot of inquiries in the email support system but I found your email and will reply soon.

ref: KYL-92375-436

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    Options

I just installed 1PW V7 and the Edge extension and am seeing the same random not working.

• Hi @MikeV99,

Thanks for writing in, we haven't been able to reproduce this but forum member richard here suggested this as it improved the integration for them;

1. Open Settings from Windows' Start menu
    2. Go to Privacy, select Background Apps in the sidebar and disable Microsoft Edge in the list
    3. Restart Windows and see if it helps at all
  • MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the advise. However, I decided installing FireFox might be the easier way.

• 👍 That's what I use as well and it works great.

That doesn't mean we don't want to improve the support for Edge, we just need to keep working with Microsoft and hopefully, we'll be in a better shape than we are now.

This discussion has been closed.