Search is stuck on "Everywhere"

snowblink
snowblink
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Version 3.2.2 (build 30657)

When I search, the drop down box only has everywhere as an option. I think I used to be able to search by section.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited June 2010
    Hi,

jFasBl.jpg

I'm reusing the same picture from somewhere else, but do you see the second red arrow on the right side, Selected Section is the search for the section. Pick the section you want and press "Selected Section" to search in that section only instead of everywhere or you can already search for something, press on Selected Section and then click the section you want to look in. Both ways is the same thing, just in different direction.
  • snowblink
    snowblink
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thank you! That now makes sense. Just not so intuitive for me.
  • karuba
    edited December 1969
    Hi

I like the change to global search, it simplifies things for me. But (isn't there always?) I would like to exclude the trashcan from the search results. Would it be possible to add an option to the preferences "Do not search in trashcan on global search"?

Best
    Timo
  • karuba
    edited December 1969
    Hey Stu

That's great. Must have been telepathy involved
    I think I'll wait for the next non-beta release, though.

Timo
  • MikeT
    edited December 1969
    stu wrote:
    Timo,

By all means, I will say though that I genuinely have never had a major problem with a Beta version of 1Password and I always ran the Betas even before I joined the team some 5 months ago now :-)

Same here.

@Timo, the search now works without the trash can being included in it.They should have the final stable version in the next few days.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    MikhailT wrote:
    Same here.

@Timo, the search now works without the trash can being included in it.They should have the final stable version in the next few days.

And the top entry of the Changelog for the official, and now released, 1Password 3.2.3 is......

No longer including items from the trash in search results when searching "Everywhere".
This discussion has been closed.