It no longer asks to save my password after submitting

If I remember correctly, 1Password used to pop up, offering to save my password after I entered my username and password and submitted. On the page after logging in, I would get a pop up from 1Password offering to save as well as the Chrome offer to save it in the upper right corner. It was able to distinguish between subdomains.

Now, it seems I have to slow down to be sure I don't submit my username and password, so I can click on 1Password to try to get to where I can add the entry. It first shows related passwords but if it's a subdomain (like I have for much of my work stuff) it wants to enter values for other subdomains. Here's the process to add the entry:

1. Enter username and password (don't submit)
  2. Ignore the option that drops down because I think it's actually Chrome, and click the 1Password icon in the password field.
  3. Options appear in a drop-down, which are related to the base domain, but not what I'm logging into. Ignore them.
  4. Click the ellipses (...) in the upper right of the drop down.
  5. Click "+ Save Login"
  6. A dialog saying Update Saved Login pops up with the entries for other subdomains, ignore them.
  7. Click the up/down arrow to select "Save New Login".
  8. Optionally give it a name to distinguish it from any other subdomains that might have the same title.
  9. Click Save

There must be an easier way!
It has become much more cumbersome to use and I have found that my passwords in 1Password are slowly becoming out of date since I get trigger happy and submit before saving in 1Password.

I'm hoping there is a setting I have been too blind to see. This started after I purchased 1Password (a coincidence, I'm sure) so I'd like to get this solved.

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 1.11.0
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:doesn't offer to save

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ZipCricket,

The extension you have installed is one we refer to as 1Password X and it only works with 1Password accounts. I mention that for two reasons. The first is 1Password accounts are a subscription based service and you used the phrase "purchased 1Password". It may be you're very aware that it's a subscription and that's fine if you are but I just want to make sure there wasn't a surprise at some point in the future. The second reason I mention it is the autosave prompt you are used to is when you use the companion extension, the one that ties in directly with 1Password running on your machine. It's a different extension and that pop-up dialog you're used to comes from the 1Password application while 1Password X handles everything inside of the tab.

Assuming you have your 1Password account connected to the 1Password running on your machine and you can see all of your vaults there you can remove the 1Password X extension and install the companion extension to regain the previous behaviour. You'll find both extensions listed on our "Downloads - 1Password" page with 1Password X on the left and the companion extension on the right. I believe that should help but if you have any problems please let us know.

• ZipCricket
    ZipCricket
    Community Member

Right you are! Thanks so much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of lil bobby, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.