There is no Safari version of Extension for Mac on your Extensions page

Options
slobizman
slobizman
Community Member
edited October 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

My extension in Safari for 1pwd (MacOS) stopped working. So I uninstalled it and went to install it again. I went to your page (https://1password.com/downloads/) which has the extensions for the mac, and there are four icons for four different browsers, but there is no selection for Safari.

What happened to it? How do I installed the extension? When I search for it in Google, it brings me to the App Stores's Safari Extensions page, but that download seems to be the entire 1pwd app.

What do I do?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @slobizman,

Sorry about that. I know we've had trouble linking to the Safari Extension Gallery but I hadn't realised it went as far as simply not listing it on that page at all. You can find a compatible extension at 1Password Safari Extension from Apple's Safari Extension Gallery. You won't need it once we're offering 1Password 7.2 for all of our High Sierra users but we've been holding off on that for now because we want to make sure everybody has had time to update to Safari 12. Until then the Safari Extension Gallery version will work with the version of 1Password that you currently have.

• slobizman
    slobizman
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I went to your link and it worked. I'm good now.

I had also submitted a support email to you about this issue; Please cancel that as resolved if you can.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @slobizman,

I don't suppose you received a ticket ID did you? I tried searching for the email address you're using in the forum but I couldn't find a ticket. I'll happily mark it as resolved if I can locate it.

• slobizman
    slobizman
    Community Member
    Options

I wrote back in the email I got back from the ticket system that I resolved it here in the forum, and to close it. Thank you.

• Rememberme
    Rememberme
    Community Member
    Options

Your link only leads to the 4. something extension and not the 7.2.1 extension. I just installed 1Password 7.2.1 and the extension doesn't work at all. If I try to uninstall it, I won't be able to get the updated extension.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Rememberme: 1Password for Mac version 7.2 and higher includes a Safari App Extension, which is required for Safari going forward, starting with version 12. There is no separate extension to install. It also cannot be uninstalled. You just need to enable it in Safari Preferences > Extensions. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@slobizman: Sounds good. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.