Mojave Bug with 1password Chrome Mini Browser plugin ?

Options

I am using a new Macbook with the latest Mojave and the latest Chrome,
and my 1password Chrome Browser plug in gives me an error each time
i try to fill in a login........... Is anyone else having this issue ? Is there a fix ?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: Manual

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1passworduser9999,

I suspect it's submit after filling causing the error message. Due to changes in Mojave/Safari (I'm never entirely sure where the changes either are or will eventually be) the submit after filing feature is no more and we've removed it entirely from 1Password 7.2 as a result. If you go into 1Password's preferences and switch to the Browsers tab you can find the option and disable it. I believe you should find the error message stops appearing after that. The extension will still leave focus on a filled field so whilst 1Password won't be able to programmatically press the enter key on your behalf to submit the filled form all that it will require is to tap the enter key to reproduce the desired effect. You are of course free to click the sign-in button if you prefer the use of a mouse/trackpad.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @1passworduser9999,

1Password 7 is our first paid update since we released 1Password 4 for Mac. While I hope everybody sees value in what 1Password 7 has to offer you are not forced to update although over time because 1Password 6 is no longer being actively worked on changes in both the macOS and browsers will eventually lead to incompatibilities. How long that may be is unpredictable but I would be surprised if it wasn't a slow and gradual thing rather than a sharp shock. So you can continue to use 1Password 6 if you want and I'm not aware of any issues between it and Mojave. It could be argued that the submit after filling is an issue but given 1Password 7 simply removed it entirely I don't view it as such - updating wouldn't bring it back.

All updates are free for our 1Password account users as the ongoing subscription includes access to the latest versions of 1Password on all supported platforms. Those preferring a licence will need to purchase a new licence for 1Password 7. If you're curious as to what is included in the new version, our page Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac talks about what you will see if you do update. If you have any questions please do let me know.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1passworduser9999,

Disable submit after filling which you can find in the Browsers tab of 1Password's preferences.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options
This discussion has been closed.