Credit card from / too dates - really unintuitive

TechAddict
TechAddict
Community Member

For bank card from /too dates is it possible to:

a) change the way dates are input (e.g. without bringing up a full month / days calendar!), and preferably
b) change the date format to, or at least have the option to, display mm/yy

Seriously, entering these dates on 1PW has recently become the worst user experience I have ever encountered for date entry. Why, when dates are yyyy/mm (or mm/yyyy), does the app open up a full month calendar with the the full month day/date selection option? Took me ages to figure out why has it done this when I just want month / date. Why make it so awkward? Numerous other apps I use use a month year roller for selecting this.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: ???
OS Version: Android Oreo 8
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• peri
    edited May 2019

Hey @TechAddict. Thanks for the feedback. Improving the usability and formatting of date fields is something we hope to do in the future. I'll pass your feedback on to the team!

ref: android-71

• Eje
    Eje
    Community Member

Android phone
    1.How do I enter only month and year for credit cards?
    2. When I try to add "Issued date" for passports calendar comes up but keyboard does not disappear. Nothing happens when I press "Next". I am locked in the "Issued date" field and can't come further.

• Hi @Eje. Thanks! There's not currently a way to customize the date input, so dates will need to be entered in the format available in the app. As I mentioned above, this is something we're hoping to improve in the future.

As to the issue date problem, I'm not seeing this on my end. Only the calendar is coming up for me. Can you use the hide keyboard button at the bottom right of the screen to dismiss that?

• TechAddict
    TechAddict
    Community Member

Will give it a try. Not sure. I get the calendar to but each month displays as a full month with the full 28, 30 or 31 days so it's kinda counter-intuitive when your only actually trying to select a month, not a date within the month, making you think there's a fault in how you're expected to input the month only. IMO, the roller approach would be more intuitive (and quicker) in this case, allowing you to just scroll up / down through mm/yy.

• Eje
    Eje
    Community Member

Hi Peri
    There is no Hide button only a Next button. Nothing happens when I press the Next button.

• Hi @Eje. I'm referring to a button on your device--not a button in 1Password. Any time the keyboard is active on your screen, you should see a button at the bottom of the screen with an arrow pointing down. It will look like this:

Do you see this and if so, can you tap it to dismiss the keyboard? If not, can you show me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

@TechAddict Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this on to my team.

• TechAddict
    TechAddict
    Community Member

Welcome. Great product though :)

• Eje
    Eje
    Community Member

This is how my screen looks when I try to enter a date. Language is Swedish. Gå=Go. Depending on how I come to the date field the bottom right button is somethimes Next instead of Go. Nothing happens when I press the button.

• @Eje What is the make and model of your device, and what version of Android are you using?

• Eje
    Eje
    Community Member

Phone:Samsung Galaxy S6. Version: 7.0

• Are you using the default display size on this device, @Eje, or have you altered it in the device settings?

• Eje
    Eje
    Community Member

I have not altered the display settings and can not see any odd setting

• TechAddict
    TechAddict
    Community Member

Out of interest. If you enter a credit card expiry date (selecting any date in the month automatically selects that month [not the date] as then end date if it's working) does it automatically then bring up the calendar to select a start date (where again, selecting any date will select that month)? After that IIRC it exits with the dates filled in. I find this date selection method really clunky and counter-intuitive, why there is a need to bring up a full calendar month, is totally unnecessary when all you want is the month, is beyond me. Hopefully it will be improved.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback. We'll see what we can do to make it work better for different contexts in the future. :)

This discussion has been closed.