1Password Membership works with Google Play Store apps on the 2017 Amazon Fire HD 10/10.1 !

NateS
NateS
Community Member

I attempted to report this on a discussion regarding 1Password X on the Silk browser but it is really not relevant to that subject so I thought it might be better to start a new topic regarding 1Password Membership on the Amazon Fire.

After purchasing the presently most current (2017) version of Amazon Fire HD 10/10.1" I followed the simple XDA instructions as for example repeated at:
https://boingboing.net/2017/10/11/quickly-add-the-google-play-st.html whereupon the official Google Play Store popped up on the Fire's screen and I received an email on my Mac from the official (I double-checked the sender's long-form email address) from Google reporting that I appeared to have signed in to Google from a new device (the Fire) and asking me to verify on the official Google website on my Mac (also checked that url ) that it was really from Google and not a poseur website.

I then used the genuine Google Play Store on my Fire to find and download 1Password and voila it was up and running (also with credential verification via my Mac) on my Fire.

All this took much, much less time to do than it took me to just type this explanation. Maybe 60 seconds?

Now the best news is that 1 Password is not only working on my Fire HD10 but is also (ala Andoird 7.1) inserting the sign-in information directly into each of my Google Store apps without me resorting to cut-and-paste.

What do think?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: (Android) Fire OS 2017
Sync Type: AgileBits cloud

Comments

• NateS
    NateS
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

1Password team note: This comment was moved here from: Amazon Fire Support For Silk Browser.

@brenty: On the subject of feedback, a followup you might be interested in:
    I changed my mind about the ASUS Chromebook Flip I mentioned above and all other affordable Chromebooks of that generation and price range offered for sale, because I was appalled by the numerous negative reviews regarding the quality, many reporting the screen or other parts of the hardware actually broke or electronically stopped working within months of purchase and the respective manufacturers' support was indifferent and lacking; instead I went back to my first idea and purchased the Amazon Fire HD 10/10.1" 1080p Full HD Display and followed the simple XDA instructions as for example repeated at:
    https://boingboing.net/2017/10/11/quickly-add-the-google-play-st.html

whereupon the official Google Play Store popped up on the Fire's screen and I received an email on my Mac from the official (I double-checked the sender's long-form email address) from Google reporting that I appeared to have signed in to Google from a new device and asking me to verify on the official Google website on my Mac (also checked that url ) that it was really from Google and not a poseur website.
    I then used the genuine Google Play Store on my Fire to find and download 1Password and voila it was up and running (also with credential verification via my Mac) on my Fire.

All this took much, much less time to do than it took me to just type this explanation. Maybe 60 seconds?

Now the best news is that 1 Password is not only working on my Fire HD10 but is also inserting the sign-in information directly into each of my sites without me resorting to cut-and-paste.

What do think?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@NateS: That's really great news! I didn't realize that Fire devices had finally gotten Android N, and that it was a fairly smooth experience to get Google Play — and 1Password — up and running. Thanks for letting us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.