1Password forgets where I am

Options
alexbbrown
alexbbrown
Community Member

If I'm looking at entry X , for example my driving license, and look away, when I unlock 1Password it's forgotten I was looking at and shows the one that is first alphabetically

Please try to show the last one i was looking at. That's probably a good indicator that is the one i need next

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alexbbrown - we're not likely to be doing that, as it would require we store unencrypted information in app or process memory about what you were viewing. That's a security hole. If you're finding yourself hitting the timeout too frequently, you can change those settings in Preferences > Security. Hope that helps! :)

• alexbbrown
    alexbbrown
    Community Member
    Options

The information about most recently viewed app only needs to be read or written while the app is unlocked, so no security hole, and if it needs to be encrypted, it can be. In fact I'd wager you already store most recently used item-the iOS app even mentions it in settings.

Adjusting the time out isn't a great fix: I would be trading convenience for security.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alexbbrown - thanks for the feedback. :)

• alexbbrown
    alexbbrown
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, it was arrogant of me to tell you folks how to do your job. You know sometimes an app is so darn perfect but there's just ONE thing that bugs you.

have a nice day.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alexbbrown - oh, believe me, I know. :) All of our devices (phones too, but desktop computers even more so) are so configurable and therefore so highly individualized that you get used to having things just the way you like them...and so, when you can't have them that way, for whatever reason, it can be really annoying. That's also why, every time we release a new full-version upgrade (and even some more-minor updates), there will be a certain number of users who say they're "reverting" to the previous version: because it's jarring to realize how much you depended or at least counted on a given way of doing things only when it gets abruptly changed on you. One thing that doesn't change, though, is our appreciation for users like you who care enough about the direction of 1Password to spend some of your own precious time letting us know what you think - good or bad (and maybe even especially when it's a point of improvement). It helps keep us in tune with what users want and it reminds us why we're doing this in the first place. So, thanks for being a part of that! :)

This discussion has been closed.