[1Password X] Blank popup window when searching for a site (Chrome 69 beta OSX, ChromeOS 68 stable)

2»

Comments

• madhatter14641
    madhatter14641
    Community Member

I can confirm that the issue still exists! It worked for me briefly, and then went back to breaking. Same exact pattern. I uninstalled and reinstalled the beta, and can confirm that I'm on 1.10.3 (tested on OSX, Chrome 69)

• jacklantic
    jacklantic
    Community Member

Yeh I just reinstalled. Same problem :'(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know filks. This has been pretty baffling. We're currently investigating an issue with versioning though, and I wonder if the beta isn't actually getting out to everyone properly. Keep an eye out for updates, as either way this is on our radar.

• jacklantic
    jacklantic
    Community Member

" I wonder if the beta isn't actually getting out to everyone properly"
    that's what I'm thinking too.

Good luck! Can't wait to have this fixed

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, we'll get it sorted — all of it! :crazy:

• jacklantic
    jacklantic
    Community Member

Ok so...I think it's fixed?!
    v1.11.1

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I do believe so! Here's hoping we can get this out to everyone soon. :)

• jacklantic
    jacklantic
    Community Member

Still seems to be going well. Shall I remain with the Beta, or switch back to general?

• Thanks for the update, @jacklantic. I'm glad things are working well in 1.11.1.

I suspect you'll be fine switching back to the stable version, but given we didn't dig into the logs in this thread, it's hard for me to know with exact certainty that the fix is included in the stable release. I know we cherry picked a few fixes related to this, however, so I'm somewhat certain you'll be fine.

With that said, I'd love to have you stay on the beta channel. It's more fun here. 🙂

++dave;

• sneagle
    sneagle
    Community Member

I have this same problem. And did not go away with the beta. Testing shows it only happens with the letter 'h' - lower case or upper case.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sneagle: Can you clarify? This discussion is about a blank window, so I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. What OS, 1Password, and browser versions are you using, what are the exact steps are you taking, and what is the issue you're encountering?

• sneagle
    sneagle
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

When I start typing [in search bar], I get a blank window. I tweeted and the suggestion was to download the 1Password X beta. The beta shows a 'crash'

Further testing showed that it was not random typing but just the letter 'h' that led to the blank screen. Or, in the beta, a crash.

The error message is labeled "Something prevented 1Password from loading properly'
    and
    TypeError: Cannot read property 'toLowerCase' of undefined

If this is a different problem, I apologize

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sneagle: No need to apologize! it just sounded like something different, so I wanted to clarify. If we're not on the same page, we won't get anywhere, and I don't want to lead you astray. A crash sounds a bit different, but to get a better sense of the problem you're encountering

Please share any errors in your background console logs from 1Password X:

1. Go to chrome://extensions/
    2. Turn on Developer mode in the top right
    3. In "1Password X - Password Manager" click the "background page" link
    4. Click the Console tab and copy/paste any red error messages (unless they're about message ports)

Thanks in advance! :)

• sneagle
    sneagle
    Community Member

Ok...did all that. The first errors on console appeared to be log in errors. I cleared console.
    Search for 'h' and got an error on 1PasswordX Beta.
    No errors in console.

Attached are the screen shots of the extension.

Interestingly, the password I am searching for is my Horizon BCBS log on. IF I am on the horizon page and type 'h' - there is no error.
    Same if I am on Hertz page. No error.

• Thanks for taking the time to share that error, @sneagle! There are a few other folks experiencing this issue as well so I'm looking into why this error is appearing. It's likely limited to specific items, so I'm hoping to narrow down what may be unique about the first item that gets selected when you search for "h". I'm gessing it's your Horizon BCBS item. Either way, I'd love to know the following if you're up for it:

• Was that item imported to 1Password form somewhere else?
    • Does that item have a TOTP code saved to it?
    • If the item does have a TOTP code saved to it, what happens if you remove the TOTP field? I'd suggest duplicating your item first and removing the TOTP field in the duplicated item. You can always use Item History to revert any changes, though.

Thanks again for helping us troubleshoot this and I'm sorry for the disruption it's caused. I'm hoping we can get this patched up quickly.

• sneagle
    sneagle
    Community Member
    • Was that item imported to 1Password form somewhere else?

No. It was not

• Does that item have a TOTP code saved to it?

No. It does not

Side note...1Password for Windows does NOT crash when searching.

• Thank you for the update, @sneagle.

Dalton made multiple changes in yesterday's beta release to (hopefully) address this issue and a few other similar errors. I see you're on the beta already so could you please ensure you were updated to beta 1.12.0 and see if the problem persists? We released the beta late last night so Chrome should have updated you by now. If the problem remains, please post an updated log.

Please let us know how it turns out. 🤞

++dave;

• sneagle
    sneagle
    Community Member

Tried on my Chromebook. Still getting the same error. Won't be able to test desktop for a few days.

• Thanks for the update, Sneagle. We'll try to push another beta later today with some additional guards.

++dave;

• We just published beta 1.12.1 a few minutes ago. It will take Chrome about 4 fours on average to update to the new version. You can give it a nudge by going to the chrome://extensions/ page, enabling Developer Mode, and then clicking Update.

Please give that a try and let us know how search treats you afterwards.

Thanks!

++dave;

• sneagle
    sneagle
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

IT'S FIXED!!

And I am famous!

Thank you!!

• Sweet!! 🎉So happy to hear this is no longer an issue. 🙂

And congrats on being famous! 😂

++dave;