Really missing Auto-Type [Planned]

Options
darktygur
darktygur
Community Member
edited October 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Just posting this so you know there's yet another person that would like to see Auto-Type implemented in 1Password 7 for Windows. I've seen the other forum posts, and I'm just adding to the list in the hopes that it might come sooner.

I think it's a very important feature, and in my personal opinion, 1Password 7 for Windows shouldn't have gone out of beta without it. I'm aware of your "Type in window" feature, but it doesn't support all window types. Crucially for me, it doesn't support all the window types for the applications that I use. And I'm not even talking about games here, with their often-unusual windows.

I actually did pay for the 1Password 7 standalone license. The multiple vaults support is huge and worth what I spent. But other than that and the shiny new interface, this feels like a downgrade due to the missing features that 1Password 4 had. Out of the missing features, I feel that Auto-Type is the most important one.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi @darktygur,

Thanks for sharing your request for the Auto-Type feature.

As you most likely saw in the other related threads, we do plan to add it in the future. We do see it as an important feature to have as well but the codebase that we started over with is not yet ready for that full scale implementation just yet. There are still things we have to finish first before we can add Auto-Type.

1Password 7 is not an upgrade to 1Password 4, the version number itself doesn't really help but 1Password 6+ is a clean start for us, in order to make 1Password better, we have to start over instead of trying to "improve" a very old but mature codebase that was built back in Windows XP era. It will take us some time but we will exceed 1Password 4's feature parity as fast as we can.

ref: opw/opw#3095

This discussion has been closed.