To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

trying to open a new account

deanla
deanla
Community Member

I used the original 1Password for many years and then forgot my password. The account has set idle for probably more than a year, so I deleted the app and all the data from my phone. I've just downloaded and tried to set up a new account with the subscription service and cannot complete the process. It appears I'm signed up for the subscription just fine, but unable to access the new account. I've tried re-walking through the "try for free" process and get stopped because something already exists. And I'm unable to follow the "already using 1Password" path because I don't have a secret key yet?

How do I establish this new account and begin working with the new version on my iOS phone?

Thanks in advance for helping me wade through this.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.0.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@deanla: It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault. Where do you have your 1Password data currently?

• deanla
    deanla
    Community Member

I’m trying to start over after forgetting my password and not being able to access the account I’d had for years. I deleted the app and it said it deleted all the data associated with the app as well, so I’m starting over like a new customer. As far as I know the data is gone. If it’s stored somewhere I don’t have any way to acces it.

• Hey @deanla, I'm sorry for the trouble! It looks like an error might have happened when you originally tried signing up. I've cleaned things up so you should be good to try signing up again:

https://start.1password.com/sign-up

This discussion has been closed.