Auto detect browser username/password and save

minkim030
minkim030
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to move away from iCloud Keychain & Safari and start to use 1Password & Chrome on all my mobile devices.

At the moment when I create a new account on a website, my phone asks if I want to save the creds in iCloud Keychain which I don't want anymore but I do appreciate the convenience of it.
I noticed the only way I could save the password on 1Password is to tap on the 'Passwords' button on top of the keyboard while creating the account (or while logging in) then enter the same credentials again when the app opens.

Is there a way for the app to auto detect the username & password and save it directly into my 1Password account?

And iff there was, would it only work with Safari?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:auto save

Comments

• Hi @minkim030

Is it your intention to leave iCloud Keychain enabled in Password AutoFill? If not you may wish to disable it in the Settings app under Passwords & Accounts > AutoFill Passwords > uncheck iCloud Keychain.

Is there a way for the app to auto detect the username & password and save it directly into my 1Password account?

Unfortunately not at present time, no. Hopefully improvements like that will be coming to Password AutoFill in the future.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.