1Password keeps crashing, reinstall doesn't work (FIXED)

Options
groennom
groennom
Community Member
edited October 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Since this morning 1Password is not working on my Win10 machine (has been working for the last days). Reinstalling doesn't fix it, anyone else experiences issues? How to solve it if uninstalling - reboot and then installing doesn't work??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• groennom
    groennom
    Community Member
    Options

Manually delteing folders and files that remained on my PC after uninstalling and the re-installing again fixed the issue. Curious to know what happened, shared the error report with agile bites..

• Hi @groennom,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

All crash reports are anonymized, so we won't be able to find the exact crash report you've submitted to us.

Before this morning, do you recall if you've installed a new Windows update like the 1809 update that just came out recently? Were there any other updates you may have installed before opening 1Password this morning?

As you may have deleted the logs folder as well, it may be difficult to figure out what caused this, but we may be able to pull some data in your Windows' Events log. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• groennom
    groennom
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

All files are indeed deleted, will try to save them next time. No Windows update as far as I know, but will keep a close eye to it.

Thanks for your response in this forum!

Best regards,
    Marcel

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We'll keep an eye out. Glad to hear you're all set! :)

This discussion has been closed.