To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1password tells me "account deleted"

wildbill3
wildbill3
Community Member

Upon my recommendation, a friend decided to install 1Password. He invited me to come help him do so. When I arrived, I discovered that he had a version in his applications folder as well as a receipt from Apple for a subscription, plus his emergency kit information, including his master password. He says, "I have all the information but when I try to sign in, I get the message 'Account deleted.' The account was set up via Apple’s App Store on September 16 and is due to renew on October 16, so should be current. He is using a Mac, but I did not note which OS, nor what version of 1Password is in his applications folder. What is his best approach henceforth?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password tells me "account deleted"

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wildbill3: Apple's billing system is not accessible to us, so even if you've deleted the account you'd still need to cancel the subscription with them:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

If you still need assistance, be sure to email us from the registered address on your account so we can help. Post the Support ID you receive here and we can look into it for you.

• wildbill3
    wildbill3
    Community Member

Thank you. So he should cancel the subscription with Apple, then start fresh as if he never had a subscription previously?

• Meek
    edited October 2018

Hey @wildbill3,

If his account is deleted, then yes, that sounds like the best course of action.

Now, in terms of why his account is deleted, the only possibilities there is either he deleted it himself, or he wrote into our support team from his registered email address asking for the account to be deleted.

Either way, canceling the subscription and signing up again definitely would be the simplest solution. With that being said, if he had already added a ton of data to his account that he doesn't want to lose, we may be able to help. In order to do so though, he'd have to write in to support+forums@1password.com from the email address that he originally signed up with.

• wildbill3
    wildbill3
    Community Member

Thanks! I don't believe he has entered any data so I'll just encourage him to start over.

wildbill3

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds like a plan. We're here if you need us! :)

This discussion has been closed.