Autofill with iOS 12

zsukm007
zsukm007
Community Member

Do I need to maintain the same password twice, one for web and one for apps? Have had issues where password existed, but could not select it and had to create a second password entry. Noticed the new one has a red icon. What does that mean?

Comments

• Hi @zsukm007

Do I need to maintain the same password twice, one for web and one for apps? Have had issues where password existed, but could not select it and had to create a second password entry.

Are you talking about logging in to 3rd party apps? If so you should be able to log in to both their website and their app using the same 1Password login item, but you may need to add a website field to that item that contains the URL they define as being for their app. You can tell which URL needs to be added by looking at the "create new login" button in the 1Password interface within Password AutoFill:

(in this case the URL that would need to be in a website field for the Credit One app is https://creditonemail.com)

Noticed the new one has a red icon. What does that mean?

It doesn't mean anything. If you have Rich Icons turned on (default) an appropriate icon for the website will be displayed next to the login item. If you turn Rich Icons off they'll all be generic. The icon that is chosen is dependent on the URL in the first website field on the login item.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.