Bug on iPad

scotty321
scotty321
Community Member

Hey guys, you have a small bug on iPad:

1. This is on the iPad Air 2, running the newest version of 1Password (as of today) and the newest version of iOS 12 (as of today).
  2. Use the Safari app to go to a website's login page.
  3. Tap the share icon and tap on the 1Password share extension. (Yes, I know that this is the old iOS 11 way of integrating 1Password into the Safari browser, but I prefer this old way to the new iOS 12 way of doing things with its "password autofill".)
  4. Instead of immediately autofilling the login information for the website, tap on 1Password's "info" button for that login, and tap the edit button to edit the login.
  5. Change the TITLE of the login. Save all of your changes.
  6. BUG #1: In the future, the next time you bring up the share extension for 1Password, it will NOT show you the new title that you typed in above! It will only show you the old title, as if 1Password DIDN'T SAVE YOUR CHANGES AT ALL!
  7. BUG #2: However, if you launch the 1Password app, you will see that it "sort of" saved your changes. In the list of logins, the title is still the OLD TITLE. But if you look at the "detailed information screen" for that login, it actually DOES show your NEW TITLE. So your NEW TITLE has "sort of" propagated throughout 1Password, but not entirely.

PLEASE NOTE: I don't know if this bug exists for any other fields that you might edit, such as "username", "password", "notes", etc.. It's very possible that this bug exists for ALL the fields, not just the "Title" field.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@scotty321: Just to clarify, if you close the 1Password extension and then open it again, the title is updated. It's just not refreshing while it's still open. We'll see what we can do to improve it though. Thank you! :)

ref: apple-2387

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018

@scotty321: I'm not sure why it would behave differently for you than it does for me. But then again you left out all the details of your setup in the original post. Can you tell me the exact OS and 1Password versions you're using, and if this is a local vault or a 1Password.com account? Thanks! :)

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2018

Thanks for the report @scotty321. I’ve let our team know about these issues. We were able to reproduce them when using a standalone vault but not when using 1Password.com vaults.

Ben

ref: apple-2407

This discussion has been closed.