iOS app won't allow 0's, 1's, and special characters for password [known issue]

Options
DouglasP
DouglasP
Community Member
edited October 2018 in iOS

I reset my password for a website login, and I went to enter the new pwd into 1Password, and it will not allow me to enter 0's, 1's, and special characters in the password field. All other characters work

1Password Version: 7.2 (70200010)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.0
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @DouglasP

We’re aware of the issue and I’m working with our development team to hopefully get this fixed up soon.

Ben

ref: apple-2198

• jshepler
    jshepler
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

I have a login that will not accept the typed character of 1 for the password field on iOS or Windows. It will accept other characters but not the number 1. I submitted this support request (MNY-52369-962) on 10/03/2018. I got the automated response but never heard anything else from AgileBits. I have attempted to follow up on this request once already previous to today and have gotten no response from anyone. I work in Customer Service and 12 days is an unacceptable non response time at the company I work for.
    How is it possible to update my password in 1Password when it will not let me enter the correct characters?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
    Extension Version: 4.6.2.626
    OS Version: Window 10, iOS 12
    Sync Type: Dropbox, iCloud

• brianpe
    brianpe
    Community Member
    Options

This is a really strange bug.

1. On 1Password for iOS, create a new login for Delta.com
    2. Select any email and press the next arrow
    3. In the password field, type a few characters or numeric digits.
    4. Now try to type a 1, 0 or any punctuation.

Result: "1", "0" and no punctuation keys are accepted. All other digits and alpha seem to work fine. Amazingly I have only seen this for the Delta login. I tried several other login types and they were all fine. It is 100% consistent across my iPhone X and my wife's iPhone XS.

Also, I don't know if it is related but iOS is now prompting me to save update my 1Password password each time I edit a password field in the app.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 12.0.1
    Sync Type: 1Password Account
    Referrer: forum-search:1Password not accepting passwords with '1' on iOS 12.0.1?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I have seen this problem for few other sites mentioned on other forum posts. I'm not sure if it is a 1PW bug or a site bug.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jshepler: I'm sorry for the trouble. This is 1Password support, and I'll be happy to help in any way I can. I'm not sure I follow your description though. There is currently an issue in 1Password for iOS preventing certain characters from being entered manually, as you describe. But this issue is not present in the Windows app. So please let me know if there' are other details you've left out which are relevant. Either way, rather than manually typing the password, you should be able to simply copy and paste it, or save it using the 1Password extension in your web browser:

iOS
    1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Tap the 'key' icon (or the Share button, to use the extension in Safari) to bring up the login menu
    4. Tap + New Login
    5. Tap Save
    6. Close the webpage and tap the URL in your new login item to have 1Password fill it
    7. Tap the "Sign in"/"Log in" button to submit the form

Windows
    1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

Let me know how it goes, and if you have any other questions.

ref: MNY-52369-962

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks. I've merged a couple of threads here. Please see above.

Thanks!

Ben

• jshepler
    jshepler
    Community Member
    Options

I ended up having separate entries in the Dropbox vault and the iOS iCloud vault. I ended up having to transfer the entry from the iCloud Vault to the Dropbox vault, changing it in Windows and then transferring it back; deleting the separate old entry at the same time.
    Thank you for your assistance, I wish that I did not have to call you guys out to get an answer.

• I'm glad you got it working now.

We wish you didn't have this issue either, we're working as hard as we can to clear our support backlog as we are behind due to several new software releases in the past month but we'll get back to normal reply times as soon as possible.

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

Ben

• dash4385
    dash4385
    Community Member
    Options

I have having the same exact issues as Brianpe.

• Ben
    Options

Yep; it’s a known issue that we hope to have fixed up soon. Apologies for the trouble. It appears we got a little over zealous here.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.