Any attachments of my MacOS 7.x vault is not imported in the Android 7.x vault

Erik_NL
Erik_NL
Community Member

When will this feature be supported? I'm missing some documents e.g. copy of driving license etc.

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: WLAN Server

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Erik_NL: Are you maybe using AgileKeychain format and syncing with a PC? There are some incompatibilities with legacy stuff. We won't be going back and making changes to old stuff, but if you let me know the OS and 1Password versions you're using on all devices, I'll see if there's something I can suggest.

• Erik_NL
    Erik_NL
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, my 1Password for macOS is 7.1.2 and the 1Password for Android is 7.0.6. I'm missing the attachments (*.PDF documents) and the custom icons I made for the macOS vault. I have read the "some incompatibilities" and 'm missing the description of WLAN Server on macOS for synching on an Android device. I don't feel very safe with Android devices because you never know what to share with others... So the local WLAN Server seems to be the best option.
    I don't understand the remark of "old stuff" or do you mean that the current Vault format of the latest 1Password 7.x is already abandoned or obsolete in favour of the subscription version?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Erik_NL: I'm sorry for not being clearer. Local vault formats are quite old and have limitations specifically with WLAN Server. That's why I asked. Attachments are not supported there. You'd need to use another sync method in order for that to work. Your 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted though, so 1Password simply doesn't depend on the sync service to protect your data. 1Password is secure by design, not by chance, so there's no harm in using a more flexible sync method. :)

Also, 1Password for Android does not support custom icons. It's something we'll be adding in an update.

• Erik_NL
    Erik_NL
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, Is it possible to export the macOS 1P Vault or make a copy of the Backup file (e.g. 1Password 2018-10-16 19_44_00 (1 profiles, 123 items, 0 folders, 27 attachments).1p4_zip) and perform an USB file transfer to an Android device? What is path of the 1Password Vault on an Android device? The Android device is my secondary device and an update sequence of once every month is OK

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Erik_NL: You can use the Folder Sync feature in 1Password for Android to select a location of your choosing.

• Erik_NL
    Erik_NL
    Community Member

Hi Brent, I have tried your solution of Folder Sync today with 1Password Android 7.1 BETA-1. Unfortunately the option "Folder Sync" is not present, only the option WLAN server... Is the "Folder Sync" option temporarily removed in 7.1 BETA-1?
    OK 1. Open and unlock 1Password_
    OK 2. Tap Settings > Sync.
    3. Turn on Sync, then choose “Local storage”. If you see “Allow 1Password to access photos, media, and files on your device”, tap Allow.
    4. Select the folder where you want 1Password to keep a copy of your vault, then tap Create Vault Here.
    After you confirm the folder, 1Password will keep your vault up to date in that folder._

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Erik_NL: Correct. If you've already setup 1Password or Android to use WLAN Server, you won't have options for other sync methods. You'd need to reinstall the app and set it up again with Folder Sync. Is all of your data on another device?

• Erik_NL
    Erik_NL
    Community Member

Thanks, finally now I understand the missing Folder sync! Should be nice to add this required reinstall at the Folder Sync webpage.
    I'll reinstall 1Password for Android later on? Why is there no option to switch from Folder sync to WLAN-server link just like the macOS version?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the confusion there. The setup instructions for sync are for setting it up initially though. I think it would be much more confusing for more people if it told them to reinstall the app! We may add an option to switch sync methods in the future...but honestly I hope we don't, and wish we didn't on other platforms. People get themselves into a lot of trouble doing that. It's best to pick a sync method and stick to it.

This discussion has been closed.