Cant autofill password for Protected Adobe PDF file - wants to use my Adobe.com details

damien1
damien1
Community Member

Hi team

I have an encrypted PDF on iOS which I can't open as the autofill finds my Adobe.com details

Are there any plans to add a Search button? so that I can find the correct entry in 1P please?

Thanks

Damien

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cant autofill password for Protected Adobe PDF

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@damien1: No. We don't actually have control over the iOS 12 Password Autofill feature, but even if we did we don't want stuff saved in 1Password autofilling anywhere that doesn't match an app or website URL, since that would be a great way for 1Password to facilitate phishing attacks. You can, however, deliberately copy and paste a password if you're sure you want to from the main 1Password app or the 1Password extension in the Share [ ↑ ] menu.

• damien1
    damien1
    Community Member

Hi @Brenty

I get what you are saying - however i'm talking about the 1Password screen that pops-up and you tap to select the account login details.

Yesterday I made a payment and filled in credit card details - using 1Password and Autofill - I was shown a 1P screen and had the ability to search / filter on credit cards / debits cards and choose the one I wanted.

So why can't the same screen be used for passwords and other login details?

Thanks
    Damien

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2018

@damien1: Could you please clarify what you're seeing? It sounds like you're talking about two very different things. If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.