How to merge 2 vaults on my iPhone (my Mac and my 1pw.com have only one) without duplicaing items?

Options
ptbaldwin
ptbaldwin
Community Member

iPhone has Personal and Primary vaults which I want to merge without duplicates. My 1password.com and Mac only have the Personal vault. I recently converted standalone to subscription service.

Also, the iPhone app still uses an old password (it didn't get updated automatically when I changed over to subscription). Is this expected behavior?

1Password Version: 7.2.1 (iOS), 7.1.2 (MacOS)
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: iOS 12.0.1 MacOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:merge vaults

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ptbaldwin: If you put data from two vaults in the same place, and you had duplicate data in both of those vaults, you will end up with "duplicates". There's no way around that. 1Password can't and won't try to determine which of the data you give it to keep and which to throw out. It will accept whatever you store in it, and not delete your data.

The best thing to do, since you'll be using a 1Password.com account going forward, would be to copy only the items you need from your Primary (local) vault to the Personal/Private (1Password.com account) vault, and then remove the Primary vault as indicated in the migration guide.

That will also result in you having the same Master Password everywhere, once you have only the account setup. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.