How do I with family members?

ChetR
ChetR
Community Member

I set up a user account for my wife on my new MacBook Pro / MacOS 10.13.6. She is a family member on our 1Password account and uses 1Password on her iPad and Dell PC. I needed to log into my 1Password account to set up some things for her and am now stuck there. How do I log out of my user account so that she can log in as herself, with her vaults?

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I with family members?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ChetR: It would be best to set her up with her own macOS user account, both for usability and security. That way she can have her own 1Password setup, browser, settings, etc., and use her own Master Password to unlock. 1Password, like most apps, is designed for a single user to interact with an instance of it, so you'll both have a better experience using it in the context of the OS user switching. Cheers! :)

• ChetR
    ChetR
    Community Member

I wasn't clear, sorry. She has her own MacOS user account. I went to her account and launched 1Password from the Applications folder, logged in with my credentials, and now, as I said, I'm stuck. I can't find any way for her to sign in with her credentials. If I quit 1Password then relaunch, it assumes I'm the user and brings up my 1Password account.

• You can sign out of your 1Password account under 1Password > Preferences > Accounts. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.