will not accept Secret Key and master password OS 7.1.2 on a 27" iMax(late 2015)

ninefingers
ninefingers
Community Member

My Imac will not accept te master key, My airBook does accept the key.
Had problem on 10/15 where the curser would disappear, attempt to close panels that were filling up screen, was ver difficult the hit a close button when curser was not shown.
Tried two recover solutions provide by 1password, one rejected the secret key and master pass word, the other only rejected master password
Is it possible to reinstall the 1password on my iMac and us the database from apple air pod.
I have a backup using Super duper on 10/3/2018

1Password Version: can get
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 7.1.2
Sync Type: drop box and maybe icloud
Referrer: forum-search:will not accept Secret Key and master password OS 7.1.2 on a 27" iMax(late 2015)

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ninefingers - it sounds as if you've got a number of potential issues going on there. To get a better idea of what they might be, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/97072/will-not-accept-secret-key-and-master-password-os-7-1-2-on-a-27-imax-late-2015#latest
    • Your forum username: @ninefingers

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• ninefingers
    ninefingers
    Community Member

Thanks for your service. I tried a safe start (shift key down until chime). It accepted my id. Restarted in normal mode and it has been working since. Have NO ides what I did to get there, but i was able to resolve the issue.
    Thanks again
    Steve A

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ninefingers - that's great! I'm glad a Safe Boot did the trick for you. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.