1Password X is broken and I cannot get in

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited October 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

I use 1Password Extension 4.7.3 and it works fine. However when I tried 1Password X 1.11.0 after entering my details, it just keeps spinning. Trying to reload the page didn't work. I had been asked, after the 1.11 was disabled in an update, to allow new permissions. I waited one minute and did not try longer.

I had not tried it since 1Password X 1.1 or 1.2.

Chrome v69.0.3497.100

Works now, but not yesterday. I am trying out the Password Generator. It's up to 50 characters compared to 64 previously but I like how it word wraps like iOS versions have always done.

1Password Version: 1Password X 1.11
Extension Version: Extension 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @wkleem, 👋

1Password X and the desktop app extension shouldn't be used at the same time. The app extension is conflicting with 1Password X and preventing it from completing the sign in.

Can you try disabling 1Password extension 4.7.3 and try again?

Please let me know how it turns out.

++dave;

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Hi @dteare

I will monitor the situation. It's working now with both extensions enabled. I noticed when 1Password X was first installed, v4.7.3 was disabled but I enabled it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @wkleem,

I bet you have 2FA enabled on your 1Password account. I was trying to test something last week and stumbled upon an issue where OPX and 1Password X wouldn't play nicely. You can keep both enabled if you really want but it isn't a supported configuration and likely any trouble you have with either extension may mean the first step we always ask is to confirm the issue is present with only one of the extensions active. I wouldn't have both active if it weren't for all the testing I do.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

2FA is off for my account. Duo MFA is also off. I am used to Ctrl - \ from 1Password Extension 4.7.3 I suppose. I'll try disabling Extension 4.7.3.

There was a discussion topic earlier about Duo/2FA. My devices mixed, not everything has the latest version so I had to disable MFA, as much as I liked it.

I cannot find the URL now.

• I suspect disabling extension 4.7.3 will do the trick. Please let us know if it doesn't.

++dave;

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

Thanks @dteare, I noticed It’s at the very beginning when these issues occur, installed for the first time, and not when my 1Passsword account is signed in. I will test more. Extension v4.7.3 is currently disabled.

This discussion has been closed.