Why does 1Password show my vault as being located on my PC when it is being synced over Dropbox?

Options

I have my vault syncing over Dropbox and it was initiated from my mac. On the mac it properly shows the vault as being located on Dropbox. When I began syncing to my other devices I started by successfully linking my iPhone. I then moved on to my windows machines and set up 1Password to sync with the existing .opvault on my Dropbox. The link was successful on both machines but there is a graphical issue (see below) that just makes me second guess whether it is set up correctly. The picture below shows the vault as being located on my PC rather than Dropbox. Is that normal behaviour or a simple bug that can be corrected? If I right click the vault, there is an option to 'Disable Sync' so i suppose its all set up fine in the backend but it's just confusing/inconsistent across OSs.

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @remicarreiro,

Thanks for reporting that, we do apologize for the confusion. What you are seeing is "currently expected" on Windows, we only show On this PC for all external folders whereas the macOS version has the ability to detect Dropbox folders and switch to showing Dropbox in addition to On This Mac for other folders.

I can't confirm it is set up correctly from that screenshot only but if you click on *** and hover over Reveal in Explorer, you'll see its location is in your Dropbox folder. If you do and changes are showing up in both directions, then it is set up correctly.

We do plan to improve the Windows app to show Dropbox in a future update if we can do it or we may drop the Dropbox badge on the macOS side to keep it more consistent.

One of the issues we've seen is that 1Password can sync to the Dropbox folder but it doesn't mean Dropbox itself is syncing, so that can be seem as misleading. We don't use Dropbox APIs, so we don't know if it is syncing or not.

This discussion has been closed.