I want to use same vault on pc and laptop. I can't get laptop to work properly. Steps to take??

I can't get extension to work on laptop browser, message that file is missing. I downloaded app and then chrome extension, what am I missing

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:use account on multiple pc

Comments

• Hi @rtrees10,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

1. Are you able to view your 1Password data in the main 1Password app?
    2. Are you using 1Password 4 or 7 for Windows?
    3. Also, how are you syncing your 1Password data between your PC and laptop, 1Password.com membership or Dropbox?
  • rtrees10
    rtrees10
    Community Member

I am able to view in main app. 1pass 7 for windows. I am not using dropbox and really don't know how to do that. I guess I have to have the 1pass app on the laptop or 2nd computer, right??

• Hi @rtrees10,

I suspect you're using your 1Password.com account, so that is doing the sync for you.

On your laptop, you have to sign in to your 1Password account in your 1Password app first and then restart Chrome, it should automatically connect to your desktop app and show you the 1Password mini when you click 1Password in Chrome.

Can you confirm what version of 1Password extension is installed in Chrome? Right-click on 1Password icon to select Manage extensions and you should see the version information. It should be 4.7.3.

• rtrees10
    rtrees10
    Community Member

I managed to get it to work. I just installed the latest of everything and all seems fine now. I was able to access my vault. I assume changes made to vault from any of my devices will sync up right??

Thanks for your help, I think I finally figured out what was causing my initial problem. I had changed my original password but when setting up the 2nd app on laptop I had to use the original password, it later prompted me for new password.

• Hi @rtrees10,

I assume changes made to vault from any of my devices will sync up right??

Yes.

had changed my original password but when setting up the 2nd app on laptop I had to use the original password, it later prompted me for new password.

Ah, yes, that makes sense. What happened is that 1Password doesn't know about remote password changes because it hasn't sync'ed yet as it is offline and locked with the local database password. Once you unlock with your old password, it'll start the sync and detect the changes, so it'll then ask you to sign in again with the new password. 1Password will then updates its local password to match the new password and you can then unlock with the new password from now on.

This discussion has been closed.