iPassword won't open after upgrade to iPhone XS [We're not the developers of iPassword]

Options
AmyCards01
AmyCards01
Community Member
edited October 2018 in iOS

I have used the Password Manager/iPassword app for years and updated to my current version of the app when prompted to do so due to the older version no longer being supported. My App Store account is set to automatically upgrade apps and programs. The current app icon shows three blue folders with the keyhole in the center (pic uploaded with this message). I have had no problems until I updated to the iPhone XS from the iPhone 8 last week and now the app flashes briefly and closes when I tap on the icon. I have downloaded iExplorer to try to retrieve data from my phone backup in iTunes, but the most recent backup found by the program is for 10/12/18, which is the day I picked up my new phone. I can back up my new iPhone XS by connecting to iTunes, but it is not recognized by iExplorer. I have not deleted the old app but have downloaded the newest version (1Password7). I do not have an account through your website that I am aware of. I used the app as a standalone version of my phone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.0.1
Sync Type: iTunes
Referrer: forum-search:Upgraded to iPhone XS, app no longer opens

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@AmyCards01 Unfortunately, you are logged on to 1Password by AgileBits. Not iPassword by someone else. You would need to contact the developers of iPassword for any help with that app. hth

• Ben
    Options

Hi @AmyCards01

As vplewis alluded to above, you’ve reached AgileBits, the makers of 1Password (“one password”). We do not make iPassword (“eye password”). It appears they have chosen an incredibly similar name to ours for their app. Sorry about that.

Ben

• AmyCards01
    AmyCards01
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the responses. Very strange indeed!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome.

Ben

• stepfole
    stepfole
    Community Member
    Options

@AmyCards01, I am experiencing the same issue you described. Please be kind enough to let me know the way out when you get it. Thanks

• Ben
    Options

@stepfole,

As vplewis alluded to above this is the support forum for 1Password made by AgileBits, not iPassword. This isn't the place to discuss competing products. Sorry about that.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.