Nante
Nante
Community Member

MacBook Pro, macOS Mojave 10.14, Quicken V. 7.2.1

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Touch ID quit working on MacBook, OK on iPad, face recognition OK on iPhone

Comments

• Nante
    Nante
    Community Member
    Options

Touch ID quit working on MacBook, it does work on my iPad. Face ID recognition works on my iPhone. Touch ID is working when waking-up the MacBook Pro from Sleep. Waking-up the MacBook Pro from Sleep also works with my Apple Watch.

1Password Version: 7.2.1
    Extension Version: No entry in Preference/Extensions
    OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14
    Sync Type: iCloud

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nante - I'm sorry to hear it! Is TouchID still enabled in Preferences > Security? If so, have you recently changed anything on your Mac -- such as transferring data from a previous Mac, etc?

• Nante
    Nante
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, Touch ID was enabled. Nothing changed on my Mac. Had an appointment yesterday with an Apple tech at their local retail store. He could not solve while there, so he decided to keep the Mac for further trouble shooting. Expect to hear from him by Friday. Thanks for you response. Wolfgang Moder

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nante - sounds good -- let us know what you hear from the Apple folks. :) :+1:

• mkaiserco
    mkaiserco
    Community Member
    Options

When Touch ID stopped working for 1Password on my MacBook Pro, I opened the 1Password Security Preferences and see that the option to Allow Touch ID is grayed. It was turned off and I can't turn it on. Any suggestions?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mkaiserco - that sounds as if there's been a larger issue with Touch ID on your Mac. Is Touch ID working in other respects? Please (if you haven't already) restart your Mac, and let us know what you discover.

• mkaiserco
    mkaiserco
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, after a restart, Touch ID works. The Preferences option is no longer grayed and it is checked. I was able to use Touch ID to open 1Password.

Mike

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mkaiserco - excellent! Glad I was able to assist. :)

• Nante
    Nante
    Community Member
    Options

In summary, I gave up.
    Touch ID worked on my MacBook Pro. but not for 1Password. Talked to 1Password and they said Touch ID is an Apple feature. Visited the Apple store and their tech ran tests, decided to keep the MacBook Pro for two days for further testing, returned it with the comment they reinstalled OS and it performs as expected. Tested 1Password and it still would not accept Touch ID. Worked with a tech to confirm that Touch ID worked fine, except for 1Password. Contacted 1Password again and at their request submitted the results of a diagnostic run. Their response was to either reinstall OS or rebuilt Keychain, using the Command line command provided. Since Apple had reinstalled OS already I executed with Apple's assistance the Command line command. 1Password still does not open with Touch ID. So I will continue to sign-on with a password, hoping that it might get resolved eventually. Don't know if I am the only one with that problem.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nante - I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I wasn't aware you'd sent in a diagnostics report, do you have the ticket ID for that? I'd be curious to see what was done there via email.

• Nante
    Nante
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the ticket number, I hope: Re: [#XEI-72194-196].
    That number appeared in the Subject field of all email communications.
    In my last email I told them that had rebuild the Keychain and 1Password still did not work.
    I also mentioned that "When touching the grayed-out symbol it often displayed very briefly on the bottom of the screen the two symbols shown on the Touch Bar, overlaying the display of the Dock. Eventually the two symbols disappear from the Touch Bar.".
    1Password's response to that email included: "I'll be sure to pass that along to our development team.".

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Nante - it looks like my colleague David is assisting you, so let's keep the conversation going via email rather than discussing personal details of your 1Password setup in this public forum. :)

This discussion has been closed.