How to move from version 4 to a subscription.

Options

Hi, I have been a long time user of version 4. I started the process of moving to a subscription but think I may have done something wrong.

I signed up for the trial but expected to be able to use my existing vault. I don't see any option for doing this. Can you help.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Currently dropbox

Comments

• Hello, @daveyard and welcome to the forum! You've not done anything wrong yet, I don't think. 1Password 7 for Windows doesn't have any way to communicate with 1Password 4 and learn about your existing setup, so it won't pull your old data for you automatically, but you can totally pull it in. Here's how:

1. Open and unlock 1Password 7.
    2. Choose 1Password > Import.
    3. Click "Agile Keychain or OPVault folder".
    4. Click "Select folder" and in the resulting Explorer window, navigate to your existing standalone vault, select it and click "Select folder".
    5. Enter your vault password (the password you used to unlock 1Password 4) where indicated, choose a vault to import into, and click Import.

That should pull in all of your existing data into 1Password 7 and your 1Password account. Give it a quick once-over to make sure everything is there and, once you're confident it is, uninstall 1Password 4. It and 1Password 7 don't play that nice together, so best to get rid of the old. Of course, if you have any questions along the way, let me know. I'm happy to help. :chuffed:

• daveyard
    daveyard
    Community Member
    Options

Brilliant. Thanks. All worked.

• That's great to hear and on behalf of Kate, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.