new IPhone and computer not syncing

JWehrkamp
JWehrkamp
Community Member

When I transferred my old Iphone6 to my new IPhone8 only part of my logins and passwords came onto the new phone. They are all still on the computer but not on the new phone. Also when I login to my IPhone 1Password I have to use my MASTER password not just the password I use to get on my computer. How can I fix this

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@JWehrkamp - Sorry for the confusion. I can't be sure from just your description, but it sounds as if you may have both local vaults and a 1password.com account (?). Do you still have the iPhone 6? I'd like you to look at all devices, under "Vaults" and see what you can find. Here's how:

• in 1Password for iOS - open Settings > Vaults
    • in 1Password for Mac - open Preferences > Vaults

Let me know what you find in each one. If you don't have the iPhone 6 any longer, just include what you find in the iPhone 8 and the Mac. Thanks.

• JWehrkamp
    JWehrkamp
    Community Member

Lars my life has been extremely chaotic and I haven’t had time to get this taken care of. I am so confused with the difference in 1Password and Agilebits support. Can you explain that. Also—I have both the new IPhone 8 and the old Iphone 6 BUT when I purchased the new phone at Best Buy they transferred all the stuff on my old phone to my new then deleted everything. At this time my husband has the IPhone 6 so I can’t give you that information but this is what I found on both my Mac and my IPhone 8:
    for the Vaults as you asked:
    MacBook Pro:
    Primary
    Wehrkamp
    Personal
    Jerry’s
    Shared

Vaults for saving:
    Personal

On the IPhone8:
    Vaults
    Personal
    Jerry’s
    Shared

That’s all I can find now. Just wish I understood this better as I think I was scammed and would like to change my password but can’t until I get this all fixed so I don’t lose all this information.
    Thanks for your help
    Janine Wehrkamp

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@JWehrkamp - no worries at all on the delay; it's my job to respond to you in a timely fashion, not the reverse. :)

I am so confused with the difference in 1Password and Agilebits support.

I'm not sure what you're asking me here, can you clarify? AgileBits is the company, 1Password is the product. We did recently re-name ourselves to just 1Password (the company AND the product), but if you meant something else, can you let me know what you mean?

Regarding vaults, it appears that Personal, Jerry's and Shared are part of a 1password.com account -- likely a 1Password Families account. Do you have one? However, "Primary" is definitely a standalone (local) vault, and "Wehrkamp" appears to be a standalone vault also. The reason you don't have those two on your iPhone 8 is likely because they were not transferred over physically by the techs at Best Buy. You've got a couple of options:

1. You can sync those two standalone vaults using one of our advanced, 3rd party sync methods like Dropbox or iCloud, and get them to your phone that way.
    2. You can transfer over any needed data from Primary and Wehrkamp into one of the other three vaults in your 1password.com account ("Personal," "Jerry's" or "Shared"), and then delete the two standalone vaults. The 1password.com vaults sync automatically and are already on your iPhone 8.

I'd strongly recommend the second option, unless you have a defined need for standalone vaults. Let me know which you'd like, and we can proceed from there.

• JWehrkamp
    JWehrkamp
    Community Member

HI there I have been trying to figure out how to do this. Let me ask---how do I transfer the needed data (logins, passwords etc). As I look over my accounts it appears I have 297 in the ALL VAULTS and only 137 in the Personal. I need all the 297 transferred so would like help knowing how to do this. I would like to have them all in Personal. As you can see Jerry's has no info so I don't have to be concerned about that.
    Also, when this transfer got done at Best Buy is when everything changed---now the ONLY way I can get into my 1Password on my IPhone is using my Master password and then there are only a very few on that--I would like it to be like it used to be --everything syncs to all my devices when I add something to one AND also only have to use my password and NOT my master password to get into the account.
    Sorry I'm such a dummy at this but as you can tell not real great with tech so need all the help I can get.
    Thanks so much
    Janine

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@JWehrkamp - if you have 297 in All Vaults and a smaller number (137) in Personal, then that means you have at least one other vault present, with a total of 160 items in it (or in them, if more than one). It's been a while since last we spoke, so I'm not sure what the status of things is, but you can transfer items between vaults inside 1Password for Mac using these instructions.

If you'd prefer, we can continue this conversation via email, since it's like to involve more details of your specific 1Password setup which might be best not discussed on this public forum. I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/474525#Comment_474525
    • Your forum username: @JWehrkamp

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.